Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ Need help finding server. ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

Need help finding server. Reply to topic

Well I'm not a hundred percent sure this is where I should be posting this but I'm pretty sure. Any ways. Me and my gaming clans web developer are looking into switching to this server which from a site we've seen on this server (that is no longer used) this is exactly what we need. However this is our first time setting up a dragonfly CMS site and we have hit a small roadblock. We don't have a server to host it on. So my question to the community is what server would you guys recommend for us to host it on. (Please note we are on a very tight budget.

Thanks in advanced for any help you my provide.

skirata

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Dragonfly CMS

I'm not a gamer, just a developer, but I've been very pleased with my host over a period of 6+ years. Put up 6 sites with no issues. Follow my www link to see info concerning my host in lower left block. Price is very competitive, esp. with current winter promo - which will end soon...

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

If you have more of a local site, you should find a hosting which servers are nearest to you, though that´s not mandatory.

-

thanks. I'll have my developer take a look into it.

Dragonfly CMS

well actually it does for fast dl's to work with steam games...you would want a server close to you, or atleast in the same country....I run a gaming community and have used dragonfly since we started...in my experience most hosting comanies dont know what they are doing, they block ports u might need for your game servers to talk to your webhost (for global ban lists, and other database enabled mods)
I have only found one (yes only 1) that gives you full access to everything...you can even run psychostats (with perl) no problem...
clanwebpro.com

tell them bytethegroove from prophetsofdeath.net sent ya
peace
byte

linux 2.4.21/apache 1.3.37/Mysql 4.1.22/php 4.3.12/Dragonfly cms 9.2.1