Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Downloads Pro ⇒ Request: Admin Feature; File storage Directory Locations ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Downloads Pro

Request: Admin Feature; File storage Directory Locations Reply to topic

I'd like to beable to set where I store files for downloads in the Admin section, some of the reasons to be able to do this;

File downloads should not be part of the cms structer i.e. stored in a module or db as upgrades, restore, or reinstalls my lose those files.

admin maintaince of files stored in specific directories include updates to files (renameing a file update to match current filename) without need to setup the download again

managing user files over site files, i.e. not mixing those supplied from unknown sources

batch file uploading

if I didn't see this function sorry but I've been playing with it all night and can't find it and I'm trying to recover from a upgrade gone bad and wish to repost my massive download directory

Webmaster
onlinespacesims.com (DFCMS)
bellinghammightymopars.org (DFCMS)
bellinghamitservices.com
dbdguildportal.net
+4 more

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux, Apache, 4.3, 5.2.3, GD 2.0.34, 9.2.1

GeoffM wrote
I'd like to beable to set where I store files for downloads in the Admin section, some of the reasons to be able to do this;

File downloads should not be part of the cms structer i.e. stored in a module or db as upgrades, restore, or reinstalls my lose those files.

admin.php?op=Downloads&file=config&s=6

GeoffM wrote
admin maintaince of files stored in specific directories include updates to files (renameing a file update to match current filename) without need to setup the download again

Not possible at the moment. Uploads receive a unique identification id and each file is unique.
You should learn revisioning your files, for example: file_v1.zip and file_v2.zip
Both can then offered as downloads.

GeoffM wrote
managing user files over site files, i.e. not mixing those supplied from unknown sources

You ever seen the uploaded files? They already start with the user_id!

GeoffM wrote
batch file uploading

if I didn't see this function sorry but I've been playing with it all night and can't find it and I'm trying to recover from a upgrade gone bad and wish to repost my massive download directory

Right, there is no batch uploading. It would need a massive new coding to get that working properly.
Currently you "hook" a file to a download item and a new interface should be written where you "hook" an orphaned file to an existing or new download entry.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Thanks Maze very informative and helpful

Webmaster
onlinespacesims.com (DFCMS)
bellinghammightymopars.org (DFCMS)
bellinghamitservices.com
dbdguildportal.net
+4 more

Linux, Apache, 4.3, 5.2.3, GD 2.0.34, 9.2.1