Miscellaneous ⇒ Search Engines ⇒ How can i make bots stick to my site ? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSearch Engines

How can i make bots stick to my site ? Reply to topic

I wanted to know what should i do to make a bot stick to my site permanently ?
I have seen many DF sites having bots everytime.
For example this site always has all the major search engine bots shown in the who is where block.
Can i do something to make them come and stay a long time to my site also.
My site is -
www.zombitech.com

I use the sitemap creator module and i also use google's webmaster's tools.

Secondly,
Can i assign different tags to different forum posts.
Like if i am having a forum post consisiting a software called 'xyz' then can i add tags like 'free xyz software','xyz software' to my forum page that has the xyz software.
I mean can i assign different tags to different pages if yes then how.
If no then why ?

Sorry for any bad english used.
Looking forward for a generous and honest and really helpful reply from the DF supprt team or my fello friends.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

The only thing that bots are interested in is new content. If you have lots on new content each day then after a while they will come to your site each day to index it. If you have only a small site then it doesn't take long for them to index it all so they won't be there all the time. If you never write anything much then they will come only once a week or less.

It doesn't really matter if they are there all the time, the time won't improve your rank - again only interesting content will do that.

There is little benefit in tagging forum pages. Don't worry about the bots. If you register with Google (and maybe yahoo or MS Live) then the bots will come and go without any help. Just concentrate on getting good content.

Thanks Brokencust i always add new content although my site is new but i have made a whooping 80 Posts (Interesting ones) on the first day.
Having not received the bots i am a little worried.

If you've checked in google's webmaster's tools that your site is included in the index and that the robots can visit it without error then all is OK. They will come back at some point and recheck you site. If they find more new stuff then they will come back more often. As you site grows they will need to stay longer to check your entire site for new stuff. Right now when you are new and small they won't be there much. Once you are like DF (old and big) they will be on you site a lot.

I can find your site in Google OK which is the important thing.