Languages and alternative language support ⇒ i18n - l10n (languages) ⇒ [solved] Wrong characters in east european language ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Indexi18n - l10n (languages)

[solved] Wrong characters in east european language Reply to topic

Hello all, I've try to install new forums in czech language. In the description of the forum should it be like this:

Zde je objasněno vše, co se týče Dietrich's - Homepage a těchto stránek. Vaše otázky a podněty, co se týče našeho internetového vystupování. Dále zde jsou oznámení a naše pravidla ve fóru. Prosím, VŠE pročíst!

but it is like this:

Zde je objasn?no vše, co se tý?e Dietrich's - Homepage a t?chto stránek. Vaše otázky a podn?ty, co se tý?e našeho internetového vystupování. Dále zde jsou oznámení a naše pravidla ve fóru. Prosím, VŠE pro?íst!

My Collation of the tables and the database are utf8_general_ci.

If I copy the right lines direkt into the field with phpmyadmin and klick ok the characters are saved wrong too.

And it is wrong to, if I post any czech or russian post.

Did anybody know a solution?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.26-2-686 / 5.0.51a-24+lenny1 / 5.2.9-0.dotdeb.2 / CPG 9.2.1

In the table the collation of different rows can be different also, be sure to check them. Let them be empty or same as table and database, which is utf8_general_ci as you have.

-

Thanks Eestlane, this was the failure. There are still latin1_swedish_ci in some table rows.

Btw: what means 'James Kirk beats women with two hands' Big grin

Random sentence... If you have watched Star Trek Original series episodes, you have probably noticed this.

-

Oh yes I'm a big fan of Star Trek in German, but now I understand... Thanks a lot for your help.