Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ the following error occured: No database selected ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

the following error occured: No database selected Reply to topic

After many problems with hackers and security problems I was advised to completeley wipe my site clean and then do a complete reinstall. I have done this and when I am attempting to do the install I get the following message

On /cpgn/install.php
While executing query "SHOW TABLES"

the following error occured: No database selected

In: /hsphere/local/home/filbert0/rafmovs.com/cpgn/install/step3.php on line: 117

I am installing version 9.2.1

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.2.4/4.1.20/5.1/9.2.1

Follow this guide, step by step.
dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=47.html

www.greenday2k.net

Not only have you had to wipe your site clean but you will also need to get it removed from all the hacker sites lists.

My browser stops your site from loading at all.

Multiple Setups

I am trying to do the installation with a database that I have been using prior to the hacking. I have done a search of this site and cant seem to find an answer.

ok lets start from the beginning.
1. did you use DF before the hacking?
2. if Yes what version?
3. If Yes has the hole in your server security been fixed?
4. Are you sure the db you want to use is clean?

Multiple Setups

1. I was using 9.2.1, the same version I am attempting to reinstall.
2. I did use DF before the hacking. 9.2.1
3. I have been assured that the server is now secure.
4. I am attempting to use a db that I backed up prior to cleaning out all my files from the server.

ok here is the trick there is no more config.php file in the distribution for 9.2.1. It is created by the installer now.

So install DF just like you are making a new site. complete the install all the way through. this gets a config.php - /includes/config.php

Now you can do one of 2 things.
1. If you already have the database backup imported into a db you can just change the config.php db settings to connect to that db.
2. you can drop all the tables in the db you created for the new db and import your db backup.
Now for 2 you may have to make some changes. Unless you used the exact same table prefixes when you created the new db as the db backup uses or you will get errors. You can edit which table prefixes to use in the config.php as well if needed.

Multiple Setups

The blank db that I create, does it have to have the same name and login details as the one I have backed up

no when you install df the config.php it will create will have the db name and login just change the table prefixes in the config.php to match those the db backup puts in the table.

Multiple Setups

Site up and running again, have removed all those files that I wasnt using and was clutering the place up. Hopefully that will help stop anyone attempting to hack the site.

@HookerOne

read dragonflycms.org/Forum...c/t=24083/ and see if you can help, I believe even a list of file names would still be enough.

none available