Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ Cannot Access Anything After a "Successful" Install? (page 2) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

Cannot Access Anything After a "Successful" Install? Reply to topic

OK - I spent about three hours on the phone with a tech from GoDaddy and we uploaded the Dragonfly CMS three times with varying degrees of success and NO completed successful installation.

We found that I could almost complete an install with just the straight DragonFly directions and no PHP.INI and no other changes up to the point where the install goes south on the step 3 and trying to get past a successful cookie test. The problem seems to center arount the use of session.save_path and when that variable is needed and where. I tried using the variable with the ABSOLUTE hosting path in an PHP.INI as the only entry and if I start an installation that way, the database connection fails in the/db/dbconfig.php script. If I get rid of the PHP.INI, then I can make it past the database setup successfully but then the install script bombs on step two right after the database build where you click on the "neccesary info" button. At that point, the installer takes you back to the beginning of the installer script for the GNU license agreement.
Until I can make it successfully through the installer, I dont see this improving. GoDaddy cant help me further at this point because I need assistance from someone at Dragonfly CMS to determine why the installer scriipt is not successfully completing and what it expects.

help....

Im open to any suggestions how on to proceed. Id really like to get DragonFly working.

Ill send a private message in the event you can assist me a little further with this install...

Thanks

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Red Hat Linux (GoDaddy host) / Apache 1.3 / MySQL 4.1 / PHP 4.3.11 / CMS 9.2.1

OK - new information.

Instead of the free hosting site I had been using, I installed DragonFly on another domain linux economy hosting site i manage. I installed off a sub-directory using the exact same procedures as before.

When I wanted to CHMOD the file and directories, I found them at 705 and 755 respectively, so I made no CHMOD changes.

DragonFly installed correctly flawlessly with no errors or problems.

At this point, when I try to get into admin.php or go to the root of the install, I get a message "UNKNOWN USER AGENT. You are banned from this site due to a unknown user-agent." Im unable to log in or get anything other than this response?

Getting closer.....

The difference from what the GoDaddy tech told me yesterday was that the free hosting site has a GoDaddy java web advertising header inserted on the top of all pages since its a free hosting. I had planned to install, see how everything worked and then upgrade to paid for hosting, but never got the DMS installed thus far. This other domain is already a paid for hosting and does not have the java web page insert...could that have caused the problems? The GoDadday tech in fact reccomended I try this install on the paid for host site as a last resort to determining if this made the difference....

INTERESTING !!!!

I am able to successfully access and use DragonFly CMS using FireFox. No error and I am logged in to the admin module.

In IE8, I get the UNKNOWN USER AGENT error.

Ill still need to fix the IE8 issue. Anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

Thanks

Big grin Big grin Big grin

Finally - problem resolved and I have what appears to be a fully functional CMS with the RosterMaster add-in.

The fix for this last problem regarding the USER AGENT issue was documented in a post below:
dragonflycms.org/Forum...c/t=20805/

So...end result, Godaddy works fine with Linux hosting when using their paid for hosting without the java add banner that is added to the free hosting sites.

In the process, I learned quite a bit during my twenty or so installations... Big grin