Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ [solved] 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

[solved] 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. Reply to topic

I'm able to access my site without any issues at the domain name. When I navigate to PackersHome.info/admin.php I receive the error below.

Server Error
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I've installed DF many times on Linux based servers, however this is a Windows based server.

Operating System: Windows Hosting Type: Shared Hosting .Net Runtime Version: ASP.Net 2.0/3.0/3.5 PHP Version: PHP 5.x IIS Version: IIS 7.0
Using Dragonfly9.2.1

I've tried emailing and phoning the GoDaddy tech support and they tell me it's software related. I disagreed, but they refuse to help any further so I come to you. Where I should have come in the first place.

Thank you for your time. And I somehow broke the main domain as well. I'm freaking talented.

PS, when I try to CHMOD a file or directory, it appears as it went through, but when I try to CHMOD the file or directory again, it's blank. When I do the same with my Linux server, I see the values I saved.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / MySQL 5.0.81/ PHP 4.4.9 / CMS Ver 9.2.1

Crap, can't edit my post.

I also wanted to add. When I first did the install, I was able to navigate to /admin.php ... once I closed my browser and tried to navigate to /admin.php I received said error.

Any ideas? Please?

Well, I can't see how it's software related - you need to check your file/directory permissions. So long as the admin directory has the same perms as, say modules, there really shouldn't be an issue.

If you cannot successfully CHMOD it's a clear GoDaddy issue - personally, I've tried GoDaddy hosting and didn't stay for long - best of luck with their confused setups.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm glad I only did a 1 month set up with that host. My goal is to have a Windows host so I can continue to operate my CPG website, but add the ability to write my own ASP.NET pages as well.

Would you know of any place that offers that?

When I try to CHMOD I get
500 'SITE CHMOD 777 blocks': command not understood

hmm, your ftp client or through their cPanel?

In any event, what is usually used is 0777 - most (sensible) hosts would require 0755 for a directory.

Phoenix wrote
hmm, your ftp client or through their cPanel?

In any event, what is usually used is 0777 - most (sensible) hosts would require 0755 for a directory.

VIA Core FTP. I can give read/write to directories, but not files.

I just did a new install and noticed this...
LEO available Yes No failed

Is that something that could cause this problem?

When I do an install, I'm able to navigate to domain.com/admin.php no problem. Until I close that browser window. Example. I install on FireFox, I'm able to do anything with domain.com/admin.php. If I open up IE, I get the original access denied message in the first post. If I close FF and start it back up again, I lose my access to the domain.com/admin.php and can not login as admin.

PackersHome.info/index.php <-- works
PackersHome.info/admin.php <-- access denies

HECK YEAH! After a crap load of install, I think I finally have it.

138 // WebTV hack 139 //if (!strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'WebTV')) { 140 // header('HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden'); 141 //}

After I commented out that little deal there, it allows me to login as admin.

I'm happy that I'm able to login, but that's not really good, is it?

You cannot use LEO under IIS - it only works when Apache is installed and mod_rewrite enabled.

I can't help with setting permissions under IIS - you'll need to do some research yourself.

I think it have it all good now. I just had to edit out that piece of code and everything seems to be working fine. I'm beginning the upload of the database.

Hey are you able to Slick Vision help me out, I have the exact same problem and Im with Godaddy too.

Thanks a lot for posting this fix. I was in the same boat. I've been racking my brain for several hours. (should have looked here first)

2003Server/IIS/MySql5/Php4/Dragonfly