Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 ⇒ Import wordpress users, comments and posts ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSwitch from X to Dragonfly v9

Import wordpress users, comments and posts Reply to topic

Hi all!

I'm very interested in dragonfly cms. Its speed and reliability is awsome. I have a fairly big wordpress site, and i would like to move it to dragonfly (import all important data, but mainly i need the posts and categories)

Are there any possible ways?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

so its been over a year and no response. just wondering if its possible or jsut not worth the effort. im asking because i am actually thinking about moving FROM dragonfly TO wordpress. i love dragonfly as its been very stable and trouble free even thru upgrades and theme changes but im a typical end user and like the features and ease of updating (blogging actually) wordpress seems to provide. has anyone done any conversion either way? or maybe provide me with some tips to make dragonfly more user friendly so i can stay with it?

freebsd_7.2/2.0/5.0.89/5.2.12/9.2.1

To your 2nd point

euphoria wrote
or maybe provide me with some tips to make dragonfly more user friendly so i can stay with it?

I'm just finishing up a blog template for Pro_News if that helps.

It's not live anywhere just yet, so a screenshot (attached) is best I can do for now.

Editing Pro_News is easier than News, with many more options. In the attached screenshot, almost everything on the right side is automatically generated and formatted, including the links to the last 5, 6, 10, 11 or 12 blog entries in the same Section/Category. Within a Blog Section you can have as many blogs as you wish, each within their own Category. (Latest Blog Links can be per blog/category or across all, as you wish.) No limit on the number of Blog Sections either for that matter.

All - blogs, news, articles, featured content sliders, photo album walls - are managed from the single Pro_News Admin interface with access, as you can see in lower right of screenshot, directly from the display page if you are an admin.

I don't know how easy WordPress is, but I can't see any way to make Pro-News easier - if I do, I'll probably implement it! Wink
Attachment: blogtemplate.png
Description Preliminary screenshot of new Pro_News Blog template
Filesize 79.57 KiB
Viewed 31 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

dude you rock. this tip looks like somethng that will keep me with dragonfly. i'll keep an eye out for it when it becomes available. btw i would love (and im sure many more others too) a way to post a blog via sms or mms or email if your looking for more ways to make it better.

hmmm sorry i shouldnt have said better. easier to post when not by a web browser would be more appropiate

Pro_News is already available, and has been for years. It is just the template for Blogging that is new.

Post from an email is obviously cool, and I'd be happy to implement the Pro_News side of it, but I have no idea how to get the email into Dragonfly. If anyone has any ideas...

yes i knew about pro news. when will the blogging template be available?

Not sure exactly, next couple weeks most likely. It will be a maintenance release to 3.2, as I added a revision to the way related articles are checked for access/security, which is really needed for the blog link to operate safely.

Sorry, for the delay, but if you hadn't noticed, Pro_News 3.3 is now available on my website. Was adding several new features which needed to get beta tested. The Blog template is one of 3 optional templates available from my online store for a nominal fee.

thanks! although i went with wordpress for my site (used rss to import older news articles), i will be using DF and pro news for a friends site..