General ⇒ Announcements ⇒ The DragonflyCMS Awards ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

The DragonflyCMS Awards This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go to page Previous 1, 2

Well, at least you're not getting lamblasted for using something outside of the DF domain ( Big grin )

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Debian 6.07/Apache 2.x/MySQL 5.x/PHP 5.3/DF 9.x

lol, Rayvenhaus Smile

One more question: I stated before that results would not be made publically avalible until after the competetion had finished, what are your thoughts on this, guys?

Luke

Get your User Bars here

FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p27/Apache/4.0.22-standard/ 4.3.10/CVS + My MODs

I personally, and this is MY opnion, nothing else, like top see the stats after I've voted so I can root for my home team, if you get my meaning. I like to see wwho's in the leads, etc, etc, etc.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Debian 6.07/Apache 2.x/MySQL 5.x/PHP 5.3/DF 9.x

Have sent you a PM with some stats, if anyone else who has voted wants them, let me know and i'll pm them to you also.

Luke

Get your User Bars here

I think awards stats should be kept secret. This way you won't have people trying to inflate votes. Make your vote and walk away.

I just voted a few minutes ago and was suprised to see a lot of categories had nominees in there that shouldn't be there. Like Forums Pro hasn't been released yet right? So how can it be the module of the month? Maybe a seperate category for most excited about an upcoming module or something. This also applies to the themes category.

How about a category for the most helpful staff member, nicest staff member, least liked staff member and name all of the staff members. That way they can know where they stand too?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Agreed, ForumsPro Beta is released for beta testers at myndworx.com/Downloads...id=5.html. There are people missing and people who shouldn't be on the lists - Sorry about that. A plan of action needs to be drawn up and next month's competiton shall be a lot better.

I'm not sure about a least liked staff member award, its not going to be something they are proud of achieving, is it? Other suggestion however are good!

Luke

Get your User Bars here

true that's being on the negative side. awards should be positive. how about biggest overall overall contribution.

i think doing it monthly is too much. something like this should be on an annual basis. we are already at the end of the year so now would be a great time to start an annual instead. i'm not down for voting every single month. you're not going to get the same kind of response.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Yes, annually is better.

phpbbhacks do it annually: phpbbhacks.com/phpbbha...awards.php

What to do next, abandon the current competition and make it a year one, or finish this one and do annual now also or only next year?

Luke

Get your User Bars here

LoonyLuke wrote
What to do next, abandon the current competition and make it a year one, or finish this one and do annual now also or only next year?

Annually or Quarterly would be good in my opinion.

I would suggest scrapping the January awards and relook at how you are going to set it up for either the "1st Quarter 2006 awards" or the "2006 awards". Post the new guidelines and let people have a say in them.

Linux | 1.3.37 | 4.1.22-standard | 4.4.4 | Dragonfly CVS

maybe a yearly "gold/silver/bronze medal award" and a quaterly "commendation" or similar

Pretzy's Place Pertzel Family Tree History Genealogy
Riverlife Church Henty

XP_Apache 2.2.2_MySQL 5.0.21_PHP 5.1.4_CPGNuke 9.1.1

a "site/person of the month" could be a nice idea too

Pretzy's Place Pertzel Family Tree History Genealogy
Riverlife Church Henty

XP_Apache 2.2.2_MySQL 5.0.21_PHP 5.1.4_CPGNuke 9.1.1

good idea pretzy, I like it Smile

Kristin, I had also been thinking quaterly or something less than a year would be good. Shall start setting this up tomorrow.

Luke

Get your User Bars here

quarterly yes, then you can do more categories too

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/DF 9.x

I've just upgraded to a virtual server & noticed a few "software installations" in my package. Most noticeably though, was the lack of DF Confused

Never heard of most the others to be honest!

But to cut a long story short, further investigation lead me to the 2007 awards, and most noticeably was the lack of DF Confused

I must be looking at the wrong body of award givers....

DF4TW

Sounds like a subdural hematoma to me...

DragonflyCMS 9.3.4.1 OS CentOS 5.7 (Final) PHP 5.3.3-13.el5_8 MySQL 5.0.95-5.el5_9

thanks for the info and bringing this thread to my attention, as we are going to use top site module for this purpose and this thread will serve as the starting point was looking for to get it structured and have some feedback to go by...

DF could use a little more PR and marketing, along with few other things, thank you for noting this one!

dfaddons.com

OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/