Support ⇒ Requests ⇒ Memberlist Search ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Memberlist Search

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3

there is something similar to what your asking for posted here

dragonflycms.org/Forum...rt=15.html

but it is only for the admin menu and not for the general user population

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Debian GNU/Linux / Apache 2.0.54 / mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11, for pc-linux-gnu (i386) / PHP 4.3.10-16 / Dragonfly v9.1.2.1

Well, it seems that I made a similar request. In this dragonflycms.org/Forum...15778.html tread.
It seems to me that if I drop the idea that some fields should be dependent on the selection in others, that we have common ground here.
First thing is to add in userfields drop down lists with more than 2 options, and then make a search module. It seems to me that most people here have a limited set op options to choose from (places, sports, activities, etc.) so that we can make it right now without the use of soundex.

What DJMaze is working on is indeed super and much more generic. However for some users it is more simple to select something from a drop down menu than finding out a right search in google. Not mentioning the language problems.

Maybe for this simple need, we should start to build a simple solution?

Does anyone care to collaborate on this??!!

Linux server 2.4 i686 / 2 / 4.1.13a-log / 4.3.11 / 9.0.6.1

since my users (about 10000 atm) constantly bugger me for a search feature in the members list, i tried to whip up something that might at least work in limited form so that i can get those nagging users off my back :).

First of all: I am not a programmer, i can only try to read/interpret existing code and attempt to modify it to my needs, but if something goes terribly wrong, i am useless ...

I have used some old code from version 8 where the usersearch worked like a charm and code from other forms in the current version and attempted to add a search-feature to the members list. It did succeed to a certain extent, but not completely.

The Member Search module i have built based on the members list module leads to a page where people can choose what to search for, but - for unknown reasons (and i checked and checked and checked ..) the table is overlaying the side-blocks, and i cannot get that solved at the moment. Also i am unable to manage getting a pagination on the results, meaning that i had to use as workaround making the list on one page (up to a max of 2000 results), so if people do not specify their search proper, they might get a huge list here.

But: at least there is a (limited) option to perform a few searchs on members .... maybe some of you guys wanna use or modify it or even find some fix for the current troubles.

i have attached a zip with the module (inside the modules-directory) and the template (inside the themes/<themaname>/templates directory) for the page.
Attachment: searchmembers.zip
Description
Filename searchmembers.zip
Filesize 10.80 KiB
Downloaded 541 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

linux/9.11

wow..

is this compatible with 9.10?

This search works a treat - I modified it and it seems to be ok for overwriting the blocks now. Also have it so it only searches on name, location or interests.
Thanks for this - really useful.

redhat/1.3.3/4.1/4.3.3/9.1.1

would u let me know what u changed to get out of the trouble with the overlaying of the blocks ?

glad the draft worked well for you as base.

linux/9.11

I'll pull out the files and upload them when i get home tonight - made a few changes in the table output for the main file I think - I'll up it later Smile

Good to see someone is finally addressing this. I'm dying to try your version azaraphale.

Thanks for working on it!

Brad G
Recovering PHPNuke junkie

FC4/2.0.59/4.1.12/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

sorry for the delay. heres the files - same as with eckiebd's version - membersearch.html into your theme template directory the rest as standard. I've only used it with Azul Carbon theme, so let me know if it works with others. I also only have 3 fields to search on as I didnt require the others. i may add some more customised stuff if I get the chance.

Thanks to eckiebd for this - great wee mod to get us started at least
Attachment: members search.zip
Description
Filename members search.zip
Filesize 6.63 KiB
Downloaded 544 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

Nice! Wink

Linux / PHP: 4.4.1 / SQL: 5.0.18-log (client: 5.0.18) / 9.1.0.8 CVS

i am thinking where is the module?

Linux/2/5.0/5.2.8/9.2.9

think it needs some hacking first to run on some core versions of DF, if no one posts the upgraded file, shoot me a PM and I will upload a version that should work on DF10 and 9

dfaddons.com

OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/

How do i install this, where do the files go?

The folder goes in the modules directory.

The template file goes in themes/default/template/

Thanks works like a champ..