Support ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ Colour coding ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum)

Colour coding Reply to topic

Hello I was just wondering if there is anyone that could help me with one thing.

I have a clan using the dragonfly, and recently I have seen other clans have colour coding for theire members, and registrated members, admins and moderators.

For example when a afmin writes hes name shows as red in the foum, and in the chatbox actually. members yellow etc.

Now I was wondeering is this possible for me with dragonfly? we have 9.2.1 version.

I can see in the bottom of the forum u can see who is online, admin is red, moderator is green, but names in the forum itself dont show colour coding :S

It would be very nice if anyone could help me and answer me with this and tell me how to do it and it is possile to allso integrate it to the chatbox.

K33NY

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Dragonfly 9.2.1

It can be done in different ways.
For example on Forums you can edit the template file:
(if you're using the default theme)

themes/default/template/forum/viewtopic_body.html

FIND
<span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />

AND change it to:
<span class="name {postrow.POSTER_RANK}"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />

Then on the sytle.css file
define a style for each RANK avaible on your website:
for example:

.RANKNAMEX {color:#909}
.Admininistrator {color:#990;}
.Moderator {color:#909}
.RANKNAMEX {color:#909}
.name {color:#909} // the default color, for regular users.

www.greenday2k.net

Thanks alot green day!!! Very Happy

Dragonfly 9.2.1

I could not find such files in there :S I could find <span class=nav or <span class=gensmall

but nothing of what you wrote though :S allso we arent using deffault theme, so I then went into the theme directory we are using.

Dragonfly 9.2.1

and im allso not sure how to write it in the style.css file, where to put it in Sad im not good at this at all :/

Dragonfly 9.2.1

sorry found the <span class="name file

Dragonfly 9.2.1

sorry for so many replies

I have now found that <span file but then in style.css file, is it possible to allso adjust colours for groups? like:

administrators = red colour
recruiters = blue colour
members = Green colour
and normal registrated members = white

instead of rank the groups are coloured

Dragonfly 9.2.1