Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat ⇒ DF Members showcase their sites [DragonflyCMS ONLY!] ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

DF Members showcase their sites [DragonflyCMS ONLY!] Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3

Thanks for the feedback.

The menu is something "hybrid", since some links are written in the html, and others dynamically but using the cpg template power ;D.

One "cool" thing is that I've used sprites, actually a BIG BIG image to improve sites performance and reduce server hits from (100 to 30 per visit - average):

greenday2k.appspot.com...iteshd.png
A big crime? =>
blog.vlad1.com/2009/06...to-sprite/

After testing with different user's (with pretty low profile machines) we reduced the number of transparencies (rgba & opacity and PNG transparencies) and solved the problem on those machines.

I've coded the BBeditor to use css-sprites to make it "faster". If anyone wants the code, i can share it css & JS.

It also added a nice option for the forum to show avatars on the left or on the right of the post based on users preference (chosen on my account). And was so simple... Fool of me, tend to overlook DF features =/ in the past ;D.

I've learned a lot of DF with this redesign, hope to share that knowledge and lesson learned soon.

www.greenday2k.net

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Something different with DF. Block-less, table-less, zero user, single module minified install with a low image, CSS3 and jQuery theme, optimised for Firefox.

http://brokencrust.com

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Thats pretty cool

Linux / 2.2.6 / 5.0.45 / 5.2.4 / Dragonfly (9.2.1)

That is cool - does that mean you'll be supporting the modules again! Wink

Nice work BC!!! I've been learning some Jquery too just to see what it's capable of. Looks like you've 'nailed' it... Smile

Linux/Apache2.2.9/MySql 5.1.59/PHP 5.2.17/CPGDragonfly 9.3.3.0

A few sites I've been working on lately :-

www.firstfrag.org/
www.cmsdreams.co.uk/
www.leaguecms.co.uk/
www.dodsacc.org/

They all use a custom content module I've written which does away with blocks and allows a customisable page layout. Content is loaded from various places (including existing DF blocks if required) and put into containers that are then laid out with CSS to whatever design you care to implement.

The base theme was reDesign3 but quite a lot of it has been cut out on these sites.

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk