Support ⇒ New installations ⇒ Build Database error? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexNew installations

Build Database error? Reply to topic

I'm trying to test dragonfly on a local server. Unfortunately, once I get to the build database step, it connects and configures fine but once I click "lets build the database" it gives me this error:

On /dragonfly/install.php While executing query "CREATE TABLE _admins ( admin_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, aid VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', email VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', pwd VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', counter INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminsuper BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminnews BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmintopics BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminmembers BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminsurveys BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminhistory BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminnewsletter BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminforums BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmingroups BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminmessages BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminblocks BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmincache BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmincpgmm BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmindatabase BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminheadlines BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmininfo BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminl10n BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminmodules BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminranks BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminreferers BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminsecurity BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminsettings BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radminsmilies BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', radmincoppermine BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (admin_id), KEY aid (aid) ) TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 33 In: C:\xampp\htdocs\dragonfly\includes\classes\installer.php on line: 61

I have tested this (version 9.2.1 and even 9.2.3) on fresh installs of XAMPP and WAMP (on Windows 7). I have created the a database in my sql called "dragonfly" with the standard utf8 (collate) settings as set by default, and I've created a super user account and password which is all used during the installation process.

I also tried going into the installation's config.php file and putting in all the credentials as well. Unfortunately, after I do this and do another install, the configuration step states that there are undefined indexes at those lines of the config.php where I've put in those credentials. If I do not change config.php, it doesn't complain.

Either way, it shows the above error and I just can't figure out what I must be doing wrong.

Here is the screenshot: i54.tinypic.com/2qisozs.jpg

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Last edited by gemarrs on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total

looks like you are using mysql >= 5.1.6 AND < 5.1.8 OR > 5.2 i think, if not which version are you using?
bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=17501

Lot of confusion about it but for sure TYPE= support has been removed from mysql, df source code should also be changed.

none available

Okay, so is there a specific version of mysql i should be using until this is resolved? and if so, will i be able to downgrade it for xampp?

gemarss pls fill your specs in properly. it will make it a lot easier and faster for us to help you. if you useing cvs biuld you need mysql 5.2

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
gemarss pls fill your specs in properly. it will make it a lot easier and faster for us to help you. if you useing cvs biuld you need mysql 5.2

I'm not even sure which I'm using but I believe it is cms. What is the difference? How do I even know which one I'm using?

I've already specified my specs. I'm on windows 7, and I've tested this on xampp and wamp (both newest versions) with the newest apache, mysql, and php.

edit: I'm using the cms version. I'm going to try the cvs version now.

I've attempted installing the cvs version (which I'm assuming is actually meant for linux (while, like said before, I'm on windows 7). Once the files in the tar are extracted over to the htdocs folder, none of them work, only giving an error line that it cannot parse anything.

I've attempted installing mysql version 5.1.56 into xampp but once I start it, it shuts back off and fails to load.

I've attempted to install apache, mysql, and php all independently, but any page loaded on localhost only shows the php file's code instead of the actual page.

What could I be doing wrong? I didn't think installing dragonfly on a simple windows 7 local server would be this difficult. Sad

Hi Gemarrs,

With what you say i guess that it is your PHP / mysql and apache installation that has some issues.
to verify this create a new file names test.php with the following content :
<?php echo "hello world"; ?>
and try to execute it. I supose you will also see the code instead of the output that should be a single line saying

hello world

The fact you see the PHP code means that the php executables are not processing the php code but another program is the one that opens php file per default on your system.

Perhaps someone can assit you in configuring a web server with PHP and mySQL on your system, i can not.

Movix

Linux/Apache/MySQL 5.1.49/PHP 5.3.6/ DF 9.3.2.0

Okay, I got the php to actually load the pages. I had to manually go into apachi's conf file and direct it to php2apachi2_2.dll, and it worked. However, I don't seem to know what I'm doing with mySQL after I've installed it. EDIT: I did go through a configuration prompt right after it installed and set it up with standard settings, and I have it set to run as a service (confirmed this as well with the services tab in the task manager). But I don't think it's actually connecting to anything. During the installation process for dragonfly, the dropdown for "SQL Layer" is empty. PHPMyAdmin won't even see it. What else do I need to do to properly configure mySQL for it to work?

SOLVED!

MY SOLUTION: It indeed was the mySQL version. And the only way I could get a working package of services that includes mySQL 5.1.53 was with the 64bit version of WAMP. (Thank you wamp!!!) I got past the error just fine, THEN ran into the infamous "invalid cookie" puzzle, for which I just discarded the 9.2.1 version, tossed on the 9.2.3 files, and cleared it just fine.

If anybody else has these issues that I've had, try this route and hopefully it will help you. Smile

Dragonfly 9.2.3.3. Where can I correct "TYPE=MyISAM" to "ENGINE=MyISAM"?

I get following message (cutted):
the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 33 In: .... /includes/classes/installer.php on line: 61

Agilia/2.2.19/5.5.13/5.3.6

grep -r TYPE=MyISAM *
in WWW root saves me. Solved.

Agilia/2.2.19/5.5.13/5.3.6

I'm having the exact same error messages while installing on my Windows localhost. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate/Apache2.2.19/PHP5.2.17/Dragonfly9.3. I downloaded the Dragonfly 9.2.3.3 to see if I could get it to work, but had the same problem.
EDIT:
OK, I solved the problem. I deleted "' TYPE=MyISAM'." from line 94 of the mysql_mngr.php file. That solved it.

Windows 7 Ultimate/Apache2.2.19/PHP5.2.17/Dragonfly9.3

That's a serious one, please vote the bug so it gets high priority and luckily will be fixed in the current release.

dragonflycms.org/Proje...s/id=1128/

none available