Support ⇒ Themes ⇒ google chrome issue ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexThemes

google chrome issue Reply to topic

hi if i log into my site www.league.vivahosting.co.uk in ie9 i get default theme but if i login using google chrome i get the default dragonfly theme even tho the default theme is set to the softnews theme

Regards,

Cprl.Rst
{image removed - please observe our Rules}

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

I see the SoftNews theme in FF8, IE9 and Chrome latest build whilst visiting as guest.

Make sure you have SoftNews selected as the default theme in Admin -> Main Settings and if "Allow User Theme Selection" = "Yes" in Admin -> Members Config that you have SoftNews selected as your theme in My Account -> Preferences.

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

i have all that set it happens in chrome when i login as admin in the admin area

Regards,

Cprl.Rst

Cprl.Rst wrote
login as admin in the admin area

Ah, I think that's by design (so custom themes don't break the admin section's functionality), I guess someone will correct me if I'm wrong ...

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

if i set to softnews in profile it works but i don't want to have to have users setting it

Regards,

Cprl.Rst

As Kendle states, at one stage admin automatically used the default theme, but Nano reversed that - you really should be using the latest update, not 9.2.1.

However, that doesn't affect what is displayed to users if you set the site theme to something else - not sure what your issue is, but I haven't experienced it in any browser.

v10 does use only default in admin, regardless of settings, personal or site.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

im using 9.3.1.0 but as long as it shows the correct theme to users i'm ok with that.

also where can you get v10 from and is it stable?

Regards,

Cprl.Rst

Latest version is 9.3.2.0 but 9.3.1.0 doesn't exhibit the behavior you're describing either.

v10 not recommended just yet for a production site, but it's coming along nicely - CVS is not recommended unless you can support it yourself.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF