Miscellaneous ⇒ Server Chat ⇒ Which do you think is best between linux and windows? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexServer Chat

Which do you think is best between linux and windows? This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Hi everyone!hope you could give me your feed backs about my query, I was looking on different and considering going to linux but not really sure though if that would gives me much more convenience like I know in windows,I would appreciate any thoughts you could give. Cheers!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows 7

If you're talking about installing DragonflyCMS:
  • if you're setting up your own server and comfortable/capable with IIS then go with it.
  • if you're looking at shared hosting, the linux option is invariably the cheapest.
  • in both cases, performance can vary considerably with shared hosts - you do tend to get what you paid for.
  • for DragonflyCMS itself, it doesn't really matter, provided your server is setup correctly - under IIS you will need Apache installed for LEO (optimized URLs) to work.
If you're not enquiring for DragonflyCMS purposes, I'm afraid you're in the wrong place.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):