Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat ⇒ Converting my ForumsPro database forum to phpBB3 forum ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

Converting my ForumsPro database forum to phpBB3 forum Reply to topic

Ok so i have the forumsPro module installed but i also have have a phpbb website and i need all of the content from the forumspro on my phpbb site

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Which version on phpBB? FP to phpbb2 isn't that difficult - I think that there is a script for standard DF forums to phpbb2 conversion somewhere and you might use that as a starting point for FP.

FP to phpbb3 would need much more work.

Neither job is for the syntactically challenged.

its 3 i think

It's not impossible. I guess there is a well tested script to go from phpbb2 to phpbb3. Neither DF forums or FP is _that_ far away from phpbb2 so it should be possible to use that script as a basis to take users, forums and posts across.

I's worth mentioning that none other than Brokencrust himself has written a flawlessly working CPG-->phpbb3 convertor, which can be found here.

In combination with greenday's instructions I was able to convert a DF9.3.2 site with ForumsPro to phpbb3.09 within less than half an hour (users/groups/permissions and forums only of course).

Once you arrived at phpbb3, the further road to an alternative CMS looks a lot less rocky, if you wish to go there.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

I used this one: dragonflycms.org/Forum...c/t=23689/

Linux / 1.3.34 / 4.1.13-standard / 4.3.11 / Dragonfly 9.2.1

Dylert wrote
I used this one: dragonflycms.org/Forum...c/t=23689/

This is an even better one, which would have saved some trouble in the beginning with some rowes in bbattachments... completely forgot about that thread, even though I have replied myself there Wink

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1