Support ⇒ Themes ⇒ [solved]Cardinal theme ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexThemes

[solved]Cardinal theme Reply to topic

I am having theme trouble since the hack Mad and am not sure what is going on :-?. I don't think the hack is to blame, but it the index.php page was working fine prior to the hack.

Diz was working on fixing the whole theme! but no updates as yet 😢. Does any one know why the theme has gone funny after the hack?

Or better still what they change to make the home screen look so out of order. The right blocks appear at the bottom of the screen etc.

The theme only has the problems when there is a right block set up. Embarassed

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
unix / Apache 2.2.15 / MySQL 5.0.92 / PHP 5.3.8/ CMS 9.4.0.0

Last edited by macuserau on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Looks fine to me - FF3.

HTML Validator shows a number of errors (73) but most don't look that serious. (Although with that many errors it is hard to be sure not to miss one important one.) But there is a closing center tag when no center tag is open. It's related to the Donator block which is on the right side. Perhaps that's enough to confuse IE if that what you are using ...

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Thanks for the feed back I am using both FF and IE. It doesn't look fine for me using FF. I will try to update it as well.

I will try and get this HTML Validator, is it a df module or a google thing? To ty and fix some of the errors.

HTML validation is done through the W3 Validation service of the people who define HTML. But the easiest way to use it by far is via the FireFox Extension.

Checked on both FF3.6 and FF9. But note that it says Azul theme at bottom ...

Yeah sorry layingback, had the wrong site in my profile. I have amended it.

If you could have a quick check again it would be appreciated.

Im installing firefox addon for html validation as we speak.

Well that one was a basic table HTML error, you have an extra set of td /td /tr /tbody and /table which undoubtedly are causing your problem.

What you need to figure out is whether you are up one end table or down one start table Wink

If you have an original copy of the theme is shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Thanks for the pointers. I will try and resolve this ASAP.

Ok I am stumped.
I am reviewing the source and i see afew of the td /td /tr /tbody and /table that you are reffering to, but can't seem to find the file they are from to modify it.

I went to th index.php as the source points me there but no HTML in there, and don't understand if and where an other files a used or called from.

Could some one please explain?

Well the HTML at the bottom comes from the themes/{your_theme}/template/footer.html. But that all looks the same as the original (d/l from here).

So that would make me think that you are missing a table, tr somewhere earlier. Ie. you are short of a start table rather than being up a close.

Question is where?

You have a couple of choices: look through the HTML for the missing table, or try tests to see if problem goes away.

To check tables I used to use Arachnophilia to trace missing HTML tags when I used Windows. It has a Beautify command that displays the page with indents by tags (you choose which ones) which can help you spot the break. Just grab whole home page from View Source and paste into an {xyz}.html file and open in the editor. But there may be other editors with same capability.

Or, try disabling each block in turn to see if the problem suddenly goes away. Change the Home module to see if that fixes it. Change the theme, etc., until you narrow down the area to examine in detail.

Have you checked that your theme files are all unchanged?

Have you reviewed each file that you've edited to remove the hack? Perhaps you were over zealous?

Thanks for the reply,
Just for your info:
* I have changed home page and it follows.
* I have disabled blocks, it is fine with right blocks disabled.
* I have re-copied themes file from a back prior to the hack with no joy.
* When I removed the Hack I just deleted the messages from the SQL table directly, using phpmyadmin so there should be no modification to the theme files.

Sorry to be a pain but how do i find the file to change when I find the missing table tags?

Thanks again for the insite

macuserau wrote
* I have disabled blocks, it is fine with right blocks disabled.

Ok, good. Now disable each of those right blocks (through Admin > General > Blocks) in turn and see which one it is.

CPGNuCalendar-Month Coming Event is the problem.

After turning it off the Page displayed fine.

So the problem is in the block right?

I have since loaded a different block producing the same info but it doesn't affect the index page.

Thank you very much for your time and patience to assit in the rectification of this minor problem.

Sure is. Either fix it; check the block against the original downloaded version. Or use a different block, as there are quite a selection to choose from for CPGNuCalendar.