Support ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ How to create sub-forums ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum)

How to create sub-forums Reply to topic

where or how can i create sub forums

Regards,

Cprl.Rst
{image removed - please observe our Rules}

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

While you create a "forum" there is a field where to instert the parent id, manual input at this stage.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

i don't have that in my admin section of my site www.tacticalrealismleague.co.uk

any ideas how i can get this to show

n/a atm

You can't, there is no option within the forum management interface for setting sub-forums.

It can be done however via manually editing the database tables. I told you I'd sort yours for you if you give me a list of which forums are sub-forums of which, but if you want to do it yourself it's very easy.

In the table cms_bbforums for every forum that is a sub-forum set the field parent_id to the forum_id of the forum it's a sub-forum of.

Also in the table cms_bbforums for every forum that contains sub-forums set the field forum_type to 1.

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

This was in ForumsPlus so I would expect to find it in DF9.3.3. But its location isn't obvious.

Under Admin select Forums, then Forums Management. Create your parent forum and sub-forms if necessary as normal forums in the usual way. Then select Edit for each, and you are finally offered the option of changing the forums into Parents or Sub-Forums.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Ah, it's theme dependent. I don't see the option in my theme (based on redesign), but the options are there in the default theme. You don't even need to create and edit a forum, the options are right there when creating a forum.

I guess that's one of the things that needs to be done to themes to make them 9.3 compatible?

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

I have the fix for reDesign, will *try* to get it uploaded to github this coming week ...

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Yeah, I just added the Default Forum Templates to Halo, then tweaked them a bit from there.

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

Kendle wrote
You can't, there is no option within the forum management interface for setting sub-forums.

It can be done however via manually editing the database tables. I told you I'd sort yours for you if you give me a list of which forums are sub-forums of which, but if you want to do it yourself it's very easy.

In the table cms_bbforums for every forum that is a sub-forum set the field parent_id to the forum_id of the forum it's a sub-forum of.

Also in the table cms_bbforums for every forum that contains sub-forums set the field forum_type to 1.

It's not that i didn't want you to do them i just don't know where they need to go just yet maybe i need to just switch the theme when creating them i'll give that a try

Edit Yes it's there just checked Default and it's there

Regards,

Cprl.Rst

This is one of few reasons why in v10 there is going to be only one admin theme.

Outdated themes stopped me from expanding Dragonfly CMS, no longer the case, finally.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

good good hoping to see v10 when it's out

Regards,

Cprl.Rst