Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat ⇒ Hello one and all Videos Z ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

Hello one and all Videos Z Reply to topic

before i start much say i wish ur forum had a General area just for people like me to post random things Very Happy

i come from evo-xtreme what is a php-nuke base CMS
i am a newbe php coder with big dreams lol
Im here to try and get more feedback and ides on things to add for my upcoming flag ship module i have a few but i need more to make it the best ANY feedback is welcome even if it is mean lol

I'm making a module name Videos Z and i plan on porting it my self to every php_nuke CMS i can find

I have not even started with the port yet but i much say i like what i see with this CMS and i hope to learn from you all when it comes to security

And yes i did see that one of ur users has already came up with a video module with the use of video steam "DF_Multimedia"

This is just a copy and past

One thing i like to do is give the user power over anything that i can.
So the module can be used in more then just one way.

The module first started from the review module that why a few things may look the same.
The only thing still is from the review module is the search (what will change over time).

This is the index type 2 most people will like and i bet will use 90% of the time
where it shows u a lot of detail plus pictures for everything.
index page type 2 top

This is the bottom part of the index (type 2)
now i know some of u will say i got the bottom part idea from the video steam but if u look at the review module it has something like this to and i like putting everything in there own box lol.
index page type 2 bottom

When adding a video there a few things u have to click on first
categorie or series ? In the admin page there a sitting that let u remove any one of them
say u dont have a need for a series then u can just turn that off so it will only ask for a categorie.
add video 1

From this page u give ur title, keywords, Description, and other random info
if u pick to use the custom head then the keywords, Description, title will be place in your meta tag what search site like google love to see (and many of the things here can be removed in the admin sittings)
Then you click your Method for your video embed (youtube) iframe (an address) video file (address to the file) upload (can use FTP)
any one of them method can be turned off
add video 2

If u do use the series and a user click on one it take them to this page what give them some info about the series
and let them pick what they want to see
side note: when clicking on a categorie on the index page it then shows u the videos on the index page i have been thinking about
showing them on the series type of page but wanted to know what people think first This is what i mean
Series top

This is just the under part there are plans to make this show the pictures of the videos like on the index page
(maybe link this with the video type ?) At this time u cant leave comments for the series if people want it then i will give
Series bottom

The great search page it does need more work and i have plans for some time of advanced search
for now it only does title of a video
Search Page

The video page. There no pop up video link but i can make one if people want it there is already one that is used for
the admin page (used to test videos users post).
Video page

Here we have the profile page i do plan to make more of a advanced profile page later on
what will let u give any user more control over there videos and letting them make there own Category/Series
For now the profile page list all ur videos you have posted only and it let other user post Comments to
Some of the info on the page is taken from the forum profile too. To see someone profile page just click on there name later
on i will be adding in a search to help u find there profile (this falls under the "advanced search update"
Profile page

So now lets more on to the admin index as u can see look a bit like review module (coding is not the same just looks the same)
From here u got everything you can need
Admin page

Admin page main settings i did my best not to leave anything out and giving the user all the power over the module that i can give
From here u can set up the module how every u like it take my bro website what i used as a test site
I set it up so only admins can add videos (Need to code in hiding the "View your profile") a user cant even see any thing that has to do with adding videos only picking watching plus leaving comments.
Main Settings page

There so many things u can do with this module already and with so many more things to come later on down the road
as of right now im just trying to get it out there in the open.
I'm not doing any of the upgrades as of right now as i need to first fixed any and all errors.
As i would like to fix any errors before moving on with any more upgrades

I'm not a business man I'm a user just like all of you out there so i am sorry to say
that the module will not be for free ur looking at 20$ USD what as i feel is not bad seeing what ur getting
and updates/upgrades are free and this being my flag ship module its not going anywhere and will keep on upgrading to the needs of the people. If something was to happen to me i pray not i would give the coding out (top of my list is dfgdesign (i trust them))

The coding will not be open i will be using ioncube (i pick this bc of dfgdesign as they been using it to)
BUT i am more then happy to help anyone with anything that i can i feel if someone buys something from u then u much help them out as much as u can

There will a demo copy later on in time for people to test out to see if they want it as there will be no returns (there no way for u to prove that you deleted it)

This is it for now unto later
any comments? lol

(PS)My website for now is hosted off my own PC so sorry if the page does not load just keep refreshing the page. and sorry for any spelling errors im nervous i have never done this before Very Happy

My website www.shadowmastersz.net/modules.php?name=Videos_Z
My bro website http://deessports.com/modules.php?name=Videos_Z

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
xampp 1.7.4 // PHP 5.3.5 // MySQL 5.5.8

Right now, this just looks like a spam post soliciting sales.

We do not allow spam or solicitation of sales.

You'll have to excuse the cynicism - we've seen pretty much every method used to dress spam up as a legitimate post, and banned them all.

Moved to our "General" forum while we think about it.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

will the main point of this is to get word out and to get freeback all the other info is just that i like to answer any questions someone may have up front

im sorry if it came off as spam but not much of anything can be done about that now but i do plan on "hanging out" here if u dont mind
i like helping people and i find it the best way to learn about something new

will now i have to find a zoneCopper theme lol

so u got the General forum hidden from me ? Sad

---------------------------------------------------------
You don't need a reason to help people.
if someone ask you why are you helping that person? you just say "you don't need a reason to help people."
Stop being mean and just HELP others Smile
Where is the Love

No, not hidden, moved to chit-chat (our general forums).

Your module doesn't yet support Dragonfly CMS and your are not even asking any question about it ... only links ... even to your brother website ... sure not the right way to start.

Can't find anything in Documents or Forums?
Welcome to ask.

You can't also get a proper feedback without having a working module for Dragonfly CMS or .... the most useful link ... providing the source code and license.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

NanoCaiordo wrote
No, not hidden, moved to chit-chat (our general forums).

Your module doesn't yet support Dragonfly CMS and your are not even asking any question about it ... only links ... even to your brother website ... sure not the right way to start.

Can't find anything in Documents or Forums?
Welcome to ask.

You can't also get a proper feedback without having a working module for Dragonfly CMS or .... the most useful link ... providing the source code and license.

sorry im not sure how i didnt see this forum Sad

Any way what i am asking is for feedback on what would people like to see in a video module and then showing what has already been done even with it not ported yet it would still look the same

the link to my bro website was only to show the color change as i didnt feel like remaking all the images again.

Trying to defend my self is starting to look more and more point less lol
All i can say is sorry for any misunderstandings.
If u still feel im in the wrong then just go ahead and delete this topic. i am not a spammer so u will never see this post again. (i will just work in the shadows muhahah lol )

PS)Anyway this is already starting to look like a fail attempt at getting any input any way lol

if someone ask you why are you helping that person? you just say "you don't need a reason to help people."
Where is the Love

It's a fact that spammers try them all, and it's a consequence that we need to be sure about people intentions.

Even if you presented your product in the wrong way, your intentions are good.

It looks a good base with good features but I wont pay for something with such documentation/presentation.

Asking for feedback and money on the same time, is also inappropriate.

Topic scheduled for removal after SnakZ reply, for a max of 12 hours.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

This subject is sort of interesting and does come under my banner of expertise.

I don't see the point in porting this module. The structure is pretty straightforward and can be presented using either VLC as is the case here, or my preferred player flowplayer.

Management of users/permissions/playlists, even subscriptions, would not be too challenging. If there's a demand for the facility, which I might have myself, I would say build from scratch for Dragonfly.

Can see why this post falls under the dodgy category but would suggest this poster is moderately genuine if lacking in etiquette.

Last point, bandwidth usage off your server playing back video content can be an issue very quickly.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Suse11.4 - LAMP on zypper - ISPConfig 3

RedGerry wrote
This subject is sort of interesting and does come under my banner of expertise.

I don't see the point in porting this module. The structure is pretty straightforward and can be presented using either VLC as is the case here, or my preferred player flowplayer.

Management of users/permissions/playlists, even subscriptions, would not be too challenging. If there's a demand for the facility, which I might have myself, I would say build from scratch for Dragonfly.

Can see why this post falls under the dodgy category but would suggest this poster is moderately genuine if lacking in etiquette.

Last point, bandwidth usage off your server playing back video content can be an issue very quickly.

i ty u for getting to the topic lol any and all feedback is welcome everything is open for debate.

i seen a few people talk about VLC being used on website but i have never seen any codes to make it work

flowplayer looks nice but only works with one file type
at this time i have the module set up to work with 16 file types (on paper i have only tested out 5 of the file types , some of them i have never even seen before)

what would be the point of rebuilding it just for Dragonfly when all php_nuke site run on the same core plus they almost all look the same lol?
what i was thinking of doing is making a "porter.php" file that would find what CMS ur using and use the codes that are made for that CMS

hosting ur own files is a drain but i have seen a few people who do just that. lol

sorry for my "lacking in etiquette" i can build something cool and tell u what it does just dont ask me to write a book about it Very Happy
i already have to find someone who knows as much as my self so they can redo the language file lol

i know im asking a lot and seeing how this is about to be all deleted
can u talk to me over PM about what i have just said/asked ? if not its cool life still moves on Very Happy

(PS)sorry i been away for along time down in MD we have a main street festival thing that happens at this time of the year

Where is the Love

Would a YouTube API be better?
I wrote one before where you upload the movie to a website and the website then uploads it to youtube.
I think Vimeo can also be done.

Why reinvent an old wheel?

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

DJ Maze wrote
Would a YouTube API be better?
I wrote one before where you upload the movie to a website and the website then uploads it to youtube.
I think Vimeo can also be done.

Why reinvent an old wheel?

that is one of the best ideas i have ever seen lol didnt even know youtube would let u do that lol i have to look more into that one ty u for that one

Where is the Love

The idea of a YouTube API is great but my concern there of late is advertising. By using a YT API you effectively give them the right to use your web site for advertising, the content of which you have no control.

As with most things its a choice. If advertising content is not of concern the YT route would seem the best.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

As to flowplayer over VLC...

I looked into this in great detail at the end of last year. VLC will handle multiple file formats however flowplayer will work on smartphones, iPhones, Android and the new Blackberry with HTML5. It uses flash with fallback of javascript where flash is not supported.

I won't go into all the tedious research but in short a modern day web site MUST consider mobile browsers. The % rises daily and any embedded solution has to be able to deliver to the required device.

VLC doesn't and flowplayer does.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

starting to think VLC is to buggy lol

does not work in IE9 and for Firefox, Chrome it only works if autoplay is set to yes if set to no it does not load the video Very Happy lol plus it does not look all that great lol

i have to say i did forget about HTML5 video tag Very Happy

Where is the Love