Support ⇒ Explain Please ⇒ Can DragonflyCMS email Private Message, and Topic Replies? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Can DragonflyCMS email Private Message, and Topic Replies? Reply to topic

I've looked in the archives, tried searching both generically on the 'net, as well as here, and my google-fu simply isn't cutting it.

My goals are two:

1. When a user sends a private message to another user.. have the site email the content of that private message, to the recipient. Obviously, replying wouldn't be viable, but at least the content of the private message would be distributed to the recipient, which would prompt them to either log into the site to reply, or know that the message can wait. A generic, "You have a new PM waiting" just isn't sufficient for my purposes.

2. When a topic is replied to, all the prior posters in the topic get, if subscribed, a notice that a reply has been posted. Same kind of situation - I'd like to be able to SEE what was posted, rather than simply know that something was arbitrarily posted in reply.

I thought I'd seen this elsewhere, but I suppose not. I know several other platforms (vBulletin comes to mind) offer this and more... vBulletin, I believe, lets you do initial notification (only the first PM or first reply to a topic to which you're subscribed, is sent to you as an email), or continual (every PM or topic reply is sent to you as an email).

Can anyone throw me a bone on this?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
private. :)

1. you can modify the private message part that sends the notification to also contain the content of the PM
Edit:
./modules/Private_Messages/index.php: $emailer->assign_vars
./language/english/Forums/email/privmsg_notify.tpl

2. same
Posters:
./includes/phpBB/functions_post.php#416: $emailer = new emailer();
./language/english/Forums/email/topic_notify.tpl

Watchers
./includes/phpBB/functions_post.php#487: $emailer = new emailer();
./language/english/Forums/email/forum_notify.tpl

Good luck!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):