Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ How To Install Tufat FlashChat 4.0.11 (with screenshots) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

How To Install Tufat FlashChat 4.0.11 (with screenshots) Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Verry nice tutorial alyssa, thanks for your time.
Greetinx.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

I would like to confirm that this still works with the NEWEST version of Flashchat, 4.7.12, as long as you change the path in the inc/cmses file as suggested above.

Not sure about the new Beta 4.8.3 - I don't like to put betas on my site.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/Apache 2.0.54 (Fedora)/4.1.20/5.0.4/9.1.2.1

I just want to say thanks to alyssa and everyone else who helped making this thread such helpful thread. I just installed flashchat 4.7.12 with my Dragonfly 9.1.2.1 sucessfully by doing what AIPman1 said above. Awesome!

RC heli hobby: www.rchelicoptertown.com
Khmer Community: www.angkorthom.us

Mysql 5.1.41/php 5.2.5/CPGNuke 9.2.1

I would also like to report that this code below, for a clean and simple block, still works flawlessly with the current Flashchat. Took many reads in many threads to find it in the middle of this one, where I must have missed it before...

speedman wrote
I made a small change to hybrid's block that opens the chat in a popup window and logs the user out automatically when the popup is closed. You can put the following code in a new file in your blocks directory and call it something like block-Chatroom.php.

<?php /********************************************* CPG Dragonfly - Flashchat Block ******************************************** CPG Dragonfly is copyright ~B � 2004 - 2005 by CPG Dev Team http://www.dragonflycms.com Dragonfly is released under the terms and conditions of the GNU GPL version 2 or any later version ********************************************************/ if (!defined('CPG_NUKE')) { exit; } global $MAIN_CFG, $prefix, $db, $bgcolor1; echo "<script> var newwindow; function openchat(sURL){ newwindow=window.open(sURL,'chatroom','width=800,height=600,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,status=no'); } </script>"; $content = ""; $usercounter = 0; // Get users in chatroom $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT userid, roomid FROM ".$prefix."_fc_connections where userid != ''"); $usercounter = $db->sql_numrows($result); $content .= "<b>Chat Users:</b> $usercounter<br>"; $content .= "<a href=\"javascript:openchat('chat/flashchat.php');\">Chatroom Login</a><br /><br><br>"; //$content .= '<a href="chat/flashchat.php" "_new">Chatroom Login</a><br /><br><br>'; while(list($userid, $roomid) = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) { $result2 = $db->sql_query("SELECT username FROM ".$prefix."_users where user_id = $userid"); $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result2); $username = $row['username']; $content .= "<a href='index.php?name=Your_Account&profile=$username'>$username</a><br>"; // Clear the chatroom db of dead users // Clear after 30 secs of no update $db->sql_query('DELETE FROM '.$prefix."_fc_connections WHERE updated < now()-30"); } ?>

After that go to your blocks section in the admin area and fill in the title for a new block (something like Chatroom), select "Chatroom" from the filename drop down and save the new block.

Regards,

SM

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

If you make more than one instance of it, it will confuse your chat.

I made one box to be on the left side of certain pages, and one to be on the right of others.

People that logged in different sides some could see the other, some could not, and it was confused more from the main menu straight link...

I am going to attempt to make just one instance of the box and remove the link, make sure it works that way, but if you have more than one path to your chat with this box, you're going to have a problem.

I narrowed that problem down to the way the code logged off supposed to be inactive members from the chat...removing that part of the code, I've not had that problem anymore. And since the chat opens in it's own box, and then loggs people off when that boxis closed, I haven't had any problem with people not in the chat showing up as if they were either.

Wow. I am so glad that this has helped so many folks that had the same issues and getting a great chatroom to work on DF!

I can say that I just installed version 4.7.12 FlashChat as I always have (as illustrated in this thread) for a brand new DF 9.2.1.7 site and also for an upgraded 9.2.1.7 with an existing version 4.5.7 FlashChat.

Took me about 15 minutes for each install.

So - it does still seem to be current and viable. Yay!

[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]

AIPman1 wrote
I narrowed that problem down to the way the code logged off supposed to be inactive members from the chat...removing that part of the code, I've not had that problem anymore. And since the chat opens in it's own box, and then loggs people off when that boxis closed, I haven't had any problem with people not in the chat showing up as if they were either.

Weird that you're having that problem, since all the block does is reads the list of users logged into chat and displays them.
Also, with clearing users, it checks the last time a user has been updated and deletes them if they have not had an update in 30 seconds.

Two blocks should not really affect each other at all. Maybe DF is getting confused somehow if both blocks are performing identical queries at the same time. I can't really see this being a problem.

Very weird!

Test Signature

For the blank page on step 2 (after you choose cpgnuke), in the cpgNukeCMS.php file, change this -

require_once($cpg_root_path . '/config.php');

to this:

require_once($cpg_root_path . '/includes/config.php');

Linux/Apache-1.3.37/SQL-4.0.27/PHP-4.4.3/DF 9.1.2.1

OKay so like - I'm going to install FlashChat 5.0.11 on a clean install of DF 9.2.1.

I'll update this thread if it goes well or any fixes that I needed to make.

[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]

Did it work or?

linux, 4.1 mysql, latest php

Hy!

I will, the member and guest can chat, but when i use the CMS, the login box will not work for guests.

Have anybody a idea to fix this?

Linux / PHP: 4.4.1 / SQL: 5.0.18-log (client: 5.0.18) / 9.1.0.8 CVS

Flash Chat Port Package

Attached working module and block.

It is currently set to the dfaddons.com chatroom.

Configuration in ----> Modules/Chat/index.php

Demo Here!

Note for Eastlane,

Try doing fresh install and do not adjust anything, until after finished and then see if it works as you desire...that is if you changed things before, as in just select cpgnuke cms intergration and should be good to go!
Attachment: df_flashchat_portpack.rar
Description Flash Chat Port Package<br /> Configure the Module File Options manually here ---&gt;<br /> <br /> modules/Chat/index.php
Filename df_flashchat_portpack.rar
Filesize 1.79 KiB
Downloaded 5 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

dfaddons.com

OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/

To get your complicated questions answered or requirements met, get in touch with our expert PHP developers.

Happy to say that 4.7.1.2 is still available for $5 and still works fine.

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0