Support ⇒ Explain Please ⇒ [revived] Difference between DF 9.0 and 9.0.2 - 9.0.3 handling cookies ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

[revived] Difference between DF 9.0 and 9.0.2 - 9.0.3 handling cookies Reply to topic

Archived topic has been revived »» dragonflycms.org/index...amp;t=9162

DJ Maze wrote
I've added a fix for this odd behaviour in our session class.
If you use 9.0.3 you can download the patched file
dragonflycms.net/cvs/h...ession.php (revision 9.10)

Then you don't have to have your special config.php

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Debian 3.1/Apache 2.0.54/MySQL 4.1.11/PHP 4.3.10-16/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

Hello,
I am still using god old Dragonfly 9.0.6.1 since 2006.
Only few minor changes since upgrade to PHP Version 5.2.17 (http://www.cvecara-neven.com/phpinfo.php)
it works every day with thousands of visitors without a problem, but it seems that from some time ago Contact form (http://cvecara-neven.com/Contact.html) can't send emails becuae of "Please enable cookies to post on this site. If you feel that you have reached this message in error please refresh the preceding page once and post again".

How, ever if I first execute www.cvecara-neven.com/test.php it seems thatbroswer "register" itself starting a new session. Then a visitor (in this case my self) can send email, in other words contact for works as intended. As long as browser is not closed and then reopened again. Also, if I use contact form as Admin then it works.
It seems that it won't work only for unregistered users.

I tried solutions proposed here ( dragonflycms.org/FAQ/cat=13.html ), and everything is OK. tmp directory is writable and I see that script is writing into that folder. Also, admin has NOT set php.ini to auto-register a session. I checked it. it is set to 0.

Proposed solution as to add:
session_destroy();
session_write_close();

in config.php gave no result.

What should I do?

Oh, also comments ( www.cvecara-neven.com/...os=2.html) are not working. And of course guestbook is not working as well. www.cvecara-neven.com/...ubmit.html

Looks like (to me) that problems started few months ago when my web host upgraded PHP to 5.2

Meanwhile I found a solution - I don't know if it is "legal" solution, but I just changed session.auto_start = 0 to session.auto_start = 1 in local php.ini and everything works Smile

Please advise if this is ok?

xpress wrote
I tried solutions proposed here ( dragonflycms.org/FAQ/cat=13.html ), and everything is OK. tmp directory is writable and I see that script is writing into that folder.

In your case that is the fix and you are also telling us that all is "OK" ....

So, reset session.auto_start to 0, open config.php and activate session_save_path('/home/user/tmp') as you already did.

Try and let us know.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS