Support ⇒ Troubleshootings ⇒ [Solved] "Access Denied" When Logged in As Admin ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

[Solved] "Access Denied" When Logged in As Admin Reply to topic

EDIT: Solved. Appeared to be problem with uninstalled module. Once module was uninstalled, problem started. Removing the module directory of the uninstalled module fixed the problem. Still investigating why...

I've recently noticed odd behavior on one of my Dragonfly CMS sites, when I log into the site as admin successfully (through /admin.php), all pages/URLs at the site return "Access Denied".

It appears that the error is being returned from Dragonfly (HTTP response is "200 OK"), and I'm not seeing Apache errors. Users logged in as normal users can use the site normally. Deleting the "cms_admin" cookie restores normal user access to the site.

I don't think this a result of changes to the CMS (I don't recall making any file edit or configuration changes), but it may be the result of changes to the LAMP stack, but I'm not sure of the cause.

Need suggestions on where to start troubleshooting, I'm at a loss, and I can't administrate the site with the admin account effective broken.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Last edited by darkgrue on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

I actually had the same issue, when uninstalling RM4DF Module For some Maintenance.
In My Experience it started with not being Able to Access Admin.php with "Access Denied"
but soon propagated to through the entire site.
Removing the Module Directory resolved it. Weird.

Linux/Apache/ MySQL 5.5/PHP 5.5/DragonflyCMS 9.4

And It appears I can Not Reinstall RM4DF Either.

This seems to have happened due to a dependency
Have GEMS Installed which is dependent on RM4DF
After Deleting Module\Roster_Master
Then Uninstalling GEMS
I was Able to Reinstall RM4DF

Now just to work on The Craziness with GEMS 1.4 Calendar is completely Out of Wack

Linux/Apache/ MySQL 5.5/PHP 5.5/DragonflyCMS 9.4

Hmmm, sounds like we need a "dependent modules" section to prevent uninstalling.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

DJ Maze wrote
Hmmm, sounds like we need a "dependent modules" section to prevent uninstalling.

Would this also be so that when installing a module it checks to see if what the module requires is already installed as well?

For example, if the new module relies on another module to be installed in addition to just the core, it would check to see if that module is installed before installing the new one.

Same would hold when uninstalling a module. If another module requires that module, than it would warn you before uninstalling it. I believe this is what you meant in your post.

Hope that made sense. Smile

- |\\/|ystic

Ubuntu 14.04.1/Apache 2/5.5.38/5.5.9/9.4.0.0

Last edited by Mystic on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total