Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ Facebook integration ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Facebook integration Reply to topic

Been away from the dragonfly community for a little while, but last night I decided to have a play around with the facebook API, and dragonfly was what I picked to test it with.
So, continuing my tradition of uploading anything I do, here are the files attached.

This is very much a test, so do not use these files unless you know what you are doing.

The cpg_member has been modified - but was modified from the version of dragonfly that I had, which is 9.061 (or whatever it was before 9.1 came out).
So you will need to check that first of all.

Next, you will need to add your facebook keys into the modules/Facebook file: facebook_conf.php
And finally, change the groupid at the top of index.php to whichever group you want to see a rough overview of.

Finally, you need to add a user_facebook_id field as a custom user field. This should be your users facebook id.

What the module does:
Visiting yoursite.com/Facebook.html will log you on to your site using your facebook credentials if you have a facebook id in your profile. If you don't have a profile on your site, but a user does have a facebook profile, then a user will automatically be created for them on your site and they will be signed in automatically using that user.
Finally a very bried overview of a chosen group is shown on the module page itself.

This was merely a proof of concept. I expect I will do more soon, but no promises. I post it here to hopefully encourage others to have a go at playing with it too.
I guess, if you were to call this module anything, it would be a "Facebook SSO for your dragonfly site".
Attachment: facebook.zip
Description
Filename facebook.zip
Filesize 15.03 KiB
Downloaded 175 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux//4.0.27/4.4.2/9.0.6.1

have you done more with this dcollis?

Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2

Very good idea.. I will try do something with this Wink

Dragonfly 9.1.1 / Apache/ PHP 4.4.1

am tempted to pick up on this one too, with the new facebook connect which is coming soon.....

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

When it comes to facebook, how about a user field that shows the facebook user status?

My idea:

In user account there is a field for User feed RSS link

http://www.new.facebook.com/feeds/status.php?id=YOURID&viewer=YOURID&key=ff72fef263&format=rss20

Simple way to get the correct link would be by visiting www.new.facebook.com/m...?filter=11 - but remember to log inn first Wink and select: Subscribe to these Stories: My Status

Have the output shown in forum as signatur (or just abow it) and in the forum under the Avatar.

Possible? Hard to do? My English bad?

Very Happy

www.jzky.net a Dragonfly site. cms.jzky.net < test site. - Pardon my bad englsih Wink
My home town

Linux / Apache / PHP Version 5.2.0 /MySQL Version 4.1.21-standard / CMS Version 9.1.1

i good this error Fatal error: Call to undefined method cpg_session::register() in /home/www/parenthelp.dk/includes/classes/cpg_member.php on line 110

Linux/2/5.0/5.2.8/9.2.9

I've always been repulsed from social sites but lately I've start enjoying Facebook to keep in touch with my friends I'm also good in Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars lol

Back to topic.
Yes, you can expect an integration in DF for FB, Digg and Twitter at least. Don't know when but its in my to do list.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Last edited by NanoCaiordo on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Any Link to see this in action?

Linux / PHP: 4.4.1 / SQL: 5.0.18-log (client: 5.0.18) / 9.1.0.8 CVS

Hi,

I have a simple integration from the DF Quiz4U module. You can test it here..

www.krypinn.net
mod.krypinn.net

FreeBSD 4.10/1.3.37/5.0.27/5.2.4/9.2.1

Hy, we are not by Quiz4 Module Wink

Facebook *g

Linux / PHP: 4.4.1 / SQL: 5.0.18-log (client: 5.0.18) / 9.1.0.8 CVS

is integrated the DF Quiz4U module with FB?

www.greenday2k.net

Yes, when you do a quiz you can post the result to fb..

www.krypinn.net
mod.krypinn.net

FreeBSD 4.10/1.3.37/5.0.27/5.2.4/9.2.1

I am not able to download the attachment facebook.zip referenced above for some reason. Can someone please help?

PHP

Hayden, it's an old API integration (from 2007). Probably it won't work as Facebook changed their API's

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial