Languages and alternative language support ⇒ i18n - l10n (languages) ⇒ Traditional and Simplified Chinese? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Indexi18n - l10n (languages)

Traditional and Simplified Chinese? Reply to topic

Poll: Should we offer both Traditional and Simplified Chinese language files?
Yes both. 5
No it's not necessary simplified is enough 2
Total Votes 7

Should we offer both Traditional and Simplified Chinese language files?
Our software is design to work with UTF-8 encodings, so I hope we put that question behind us...
Who is willing to take charge of the translation for these languages?

AKA Akamu / Read these and your life will be successful | Find a Repair
--
Mods and Professional Support via YIM

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

Last edited by Śyama_Dāsa on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total

No doubt you are aware of this but thought I'd mention it.

There are two forms of written Chinese, simplified and traditional. Traditional using more complex characters.

I don't know if your current Chinese language files are for simplified or traditional Chinese.

Really, you need one for each.

Also, I could be wrong here, but I believe Mandarin refers to the spoken form, not written. (I'm sure someone will put me right on that). 😉 Anyway, I've voted 'No' for the above reasons.

linux/1.3.29/4.0.20/4.3.10/8.2b

thanks for your input, I also don't know if our current Chinese language files are for simplified or traditional Chinese. I know both are available for the forums. any assistance you or others may offer on the subject is helpful. I am gonna change the poll...

win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

akamu wrote
thanks for your input, I also don't know if our current Chinese language files are for simplified or traditional Chinese. I know both are available for the forums. any assistance you or others may offer on the subject is helpful. I am gonna change the poll...

Sorry it's too late to answer your question.
I am a translator and encodin CPG-Nuke in Chinese Traditional Language (Taiwan) with UTF8 charset.

CPGNUKE.COM currently Chinese Traditional are available. but it's old and insufficient translation from php-nuke.

free download Chinese language pack by me here
pc-studio.myweb.hinet.net/CPG-Nuke/

WINXP SP2/ apache 2.0.54/ php 5.0/ mysql 4.1

Update - the story so far.

wi777 let me have his Chinese language pack and I am in the process of converting to simplified Chinese.

The files were still named lang-english so I have renamed them lang-Chinese_traditional. Some definitions are till in English but the majority have been translated. wi777 has clearly put a lot of work into this.

As my Chinese is very limited I have used software to convert from traditional to simplified chinese. There is (more or less) a 1 to 1 relationship between the characters so hopefully the translation will be reasonable. I have asked a Chinese friend to check through the simplified Chinese translations, correct as necessary and translate any that are still in English. I'm not sure how quickly this will get done.

Akamu:
I am using your CPGlang module on my site for this so it will be done online, but have adapted it just to email to me (not CC to you). When this is complete I will package both languages as lang-Chinese_traditional and lang-Chinese_simplified and get them to you. If you want them as they are now, I can let you have them 'as is'. Just let me know. Last question, the CPGlang module doesn't look at the Forums languages. What should I do about this?

linux/1.3.29/4.0.20/4.3.10/8.2b

The forums languages are already translated via phpbb.
Take a look at what we have...
dragonflycms.net/cvs/languages/
I have converted the forums languages into UTF-8.

Most of the rest of the files are the same as each other....In traditional as wi777 said.

I look forward to your translations, I really thank you both for your efforts here. The best way to handle the updating would be to have you commit them directly to CVS. Folks then can download from CVS 'as is'. Then let me know when they are ready to be packaged for downloading.

--

hi , here Chinese Language (Traditional) Pack Download attachment is translated from many references as followin' original translation by me , the credit are:

38.com
(coppermine photo - website seem no exist any more)
phpbb-tw.com
(phpbb Taiwan official website)
host.ymjhs.tyc.edu.tw/~mis/
(translator change his project already)

but it's whole new translating work

note: if you wanna a cpg-nuke with complete Chinese Language Environment
here url for download:
pc-studio.myweb.hinet.net/CPG-Nuke/

Last edited by wi777 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Thanks a lot wi777 great work! (i know others have helped in the past but still Smile Smile Smile )

I have commited all but the 4 main forums lang here dragonflycms.net/cvs/l...aditional/
( did you change those 4 lang_ file from the phpbb download? )

I downloaded both parts and part 1 seemed to have everything except the forum images and part 2 had a problem: CRC error with icon_aim.gif
but we do have the images from phpbb in cvs.

--

akamu wrote
Thanks a lot wi777 great work! (i know others have helped in the past but still Smile Smile Smile )

I have commited all but the 4 main forums lang here dragonflycms.net/cvs/l...aditional/
( did you change those 4 lang_ file from the phpbb download? )

I downloaded both parts and part 1 seemed to have everything except the forum images and part 2 had a problem: CRC error with icon_aim.gif
but we do have the images from phpbb in cvs.

I had re-check the link differences and insert php code statement between the language files with phpbb and those with forums of cpg-nuke 8.2a , I have already updated rar part 1 and part 2 version within post for icon_aim.gif.