General ⇒ Announcements ⇒ Outlook/Hotmail/Live/MSN/Office365 will be blocked ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

Outlook/Hotmail/Live/MSN/Office365 will be blocked Reply to topic

Microsoft's SmartScreen® Filter has gone wacky the last months (as of November 2017).

Due to that you can't receive e-mails from this website.
Yes, it worked, then it doesn't, then maybe, then yes, then not. It's NUTS!

The only way you can receive e-mail is to go to outlook.com -> Options -> Junk mail -> Safe senders, and add dragonflycms.org to the list and save it.

I removed ALL email addresses, not logged in after January 1 2017.
These people must still know their password or can't login.
I can re-activate the email address of accounts, just send an e-mail to microsoftsucks @ dragonflycms.net

Since the problem is world wide with many websites, hosting companies and mail senders, i advise you to:
  • get an email address at ProtonMail, GMail or other non-Microsoft company
  • else make sure everyone you communicate with, is in the above mentioned "Safe senders" list

Dragonfly v10 will get a warning/blocked feature at the registration page with information regarding this, based on MX verification (as Office365 is company domains like mycompany.com).

Sorry, we (hosting providers, email service providers and I) have tried to solve this for months and now i'm fed up with it.

According to www.mail-tester.com/ we have 10/10 for sending mail. So... yes it's Microsoft's fault

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Last edited by DJ Maze on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:19 am; edited 4 times in total

Ok I've had enough with Microsoft!
SMTP Error 550: 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [185.24.222.11] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to mail.live.com/mail/tro...spx#errors

And in the meanwhile my inbox is piling up with spam, send from their servers.

So now it's not possible to register on this website anymore with a Microsoft hotmail/live account.
Screw them!

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Last edited by DJ Maze on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

I can feel your frustration, which by the way, is something we've all dealt with. MS seems to think they're the only 'game' in town...lol

Linux/Apache2.2.9/MySql 5.1.59/PHP 5.2.17/CPGDragonfly 9.3.3.0

Does anyone still use hotmail, live or msn anymore? Very happy

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Yes I do... it's great for registration for sites that you don't trust.
Because I don't care what emails get sent to the hotmail address.