Support ⇒ Dragonfly CMS v10 ⇒ New place for Description and Keywords ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexDragonfly CMS v10

New place for Description and Keywords Reply to topic

Actually metatags like description and keywords are set into include/meta.php

Maybe it would be good idea to create into language files 2 constants/variable to set on it metas depending on language and apply it to metatags into includes/meta.php.

In the same way I this that modify title into common.php file don't allow to create one title for viewforum and another for viewtopic without override previous title. If I only set title into "final" pages (not include ones) is more easy to create titles better.

Thanks

until the next (Bye),

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Dragonfly 9.2 (PHP5.4)

Meta keywords tag should be removed actually, it's not use anywhere these days.

Meta description tag should be improved, but actually more specified at the page content.
For example, a forum has many topics and posts. The description should be targeted to the first post.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

In the last days we have had many problems during the migration of our portal www.aforo.es. Due to changes in the code of the latest version of DragonFly, the indexing of the portal has been largely lost. After making some changes, we've started to get it back. These changes are detailed below.

1. In the language files of the module we have created 2 constants with the definition of the description and the general keywords of the module.
2. In the file viewtopic.php or viewforum.php we have created is where we format both titles and description and keywords so that each file decides how it is built.

Attached are the language files of the forum and viewtopic so that you can see an example of how the titles and metatags formed.
Attachment: en.php.txt
Description Language file. At the end you can find the new constants
Filename en.php.txt
Filesize 40.31 KiB
Downloaded 2 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment
Attachment: viewtopic.php.txt
Description From line 278 to 312 you can find title and metas definition. Don't worry about Geonis functions, are only clean and cut functions
Filename viewtopic.php.txt
Filesize 33.62 KiB
Downloaded 2 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

until the next (Bye),

Dragonfly 9.2 (PHP5.4)

Did you get a chance to look at any of the files? Have you thought of a closer collaboration to try to move forward with DragonFly?

until the next (Bye),

Dragonfly 9.2 (PHP5.4)

Last edited by Grimpow on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

I've looked at the code and it looked good. However, i made a slide different approach for it.
You can find it in the SCM

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial