Support ⇒ Dragonfly CMS v10 ⇒ weblinks module ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexDragonfly CMS v10

weblinks module Reply to topic

Will the weblinks module be converted to version 10.
thanks in advance

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Debian 9.1/Apache 2.4.25/MariaDB 10.1.26/PHP 7.1/DragonFly 10.0.48.9418

Of course, all modules should and will be converted.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I'm using web links on my V10 site.

hybrid wrote
I'm using web links on my V10 site.

Do you have any issue with it.

I think I've had to do a couple of small changes - some language stuff missing, and there was some other small issue that was stopping users being able to submit certain links, but it was a while ago so I can't remember what it was.

I can try searching my version control for changes to the module to see what I had to change.

index.php
- echo '<a href="'.URL::index('&l_op=addlink').'">' . $lang['_ADDLINK'] . '</a>' + echo '<a href="'.URL::index('&l_op=addlink').'">'._ADDLINK.'</a>'

admin/index.inc
- list($numrows) = $db->uFetchRow("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM {$db->TBL->links_links} WHERE url='$url' LIMIT 1"); + list($numrows) = $db->uFetchRow("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM {$db->TBL->links_links} WHERE url='$url'");

added l10n/en.php (I think I copied over from old language file)

It also looks like djmaze has been doing some work on Web_Links for v10 also, but that was back in 2015.
Also worth noting is that I already had the db structure from V9, so I have not tested the module install process for creating the structure.

I have tried to install web_links in DF 9.1 to 9.4, where it reports database errors.
Hope web_links will soon work in v10.x because I am missing it.

Debian 9.1/Apache 2.4.25/MariaDB 10.1.26/PHP 7.1/DragonFly 10.0.48.9418

hybrid wrote
index.php
- echo '<a href="'.URL::index('&l_op=addlink').'">' . $lang['_ADDLINK'] . '</a>' + echo '<a href="'.URL::index('&l_op=addlink').'">'._ADDLINK.'</a>'

admin/index.inc
- list($numrows) = $db->uFetchRow("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM {$db->TBL->links_links} WHERE url='$url' LIMIT 1"); + list($numrows) = $db->uFetchRow("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM {$db->TBL->links_links} WHERE url='$url'");

added l10n/en.php (I think I copied over from old language file)

It also looks like djmaze has been doing some work on Web_Links for v10 also, but that was back in 2015.
Also worth noting is that I already had the db structure from V9, so I have not tested the module install process for creating the structure.

When browsing modules source code or pulling from modules' repo make sure you select v10 branch, not default... the latest v10 modules' source code does already include your changes and variuos other fixes including the installer.

Let us know how it goes.

lexsus wrote
I have tried to install web_links in DF 9.1 to 9.4, where it reports database errors.
Hope web_links will soon work in v10.x because I am missing it.

It should work on v9, weird! Where did you get the module from, downloaded from this website or from repo (default or v10).