Miscellaneous ⇒ Licenses, GPL & Violations :: Archives ⇒ Theme GPL violations ? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexLicenses, GPL & Violations

Archived ⇒ Theme GPL violations ? This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Phoenix wrote
technically no, but everyone does - what the hell, it's gonna be a long list of people being sued, and I suspect it has been deliberately overlooked by developers who would lose a key component that supports their CMS.

they are selling the graphics.
.. the layout just can't be sold. there's stuff that works and stuff that doesn't.

you can only put a navbar in some places on a website, otherwise it gets inconvinient.

cheers.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Gentoo Linux, Apache2 - mod-php

I don't think anybody has ever made a theme completely "from scratch".

jahmin not jamin

Fedora C2/1.3.33/4.1.11/4.3.11/CVS

well if theme use a license like BSD this will fix all problems as the code is in the public domain

please contact phpbb devels about this issue

For free dragonflycms hosting check out my site.

Debian/2.x/4.0.x/4.3.x/9 RC 1

you can see the gfx here
area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/
I have made the following thread www.phpbb.com/phpBB/vi...p?t=256831 about licensing issues hopefully these gfx license may change

Debian/2.x/4.0.x/4.3.x/9 RC 1

So the conclusion:

Build your own theme from scratch if you want to sell it.
Don't use our and phpBB's images and template files since they are GPL based, UNLESS you've asked if you may use them in your license.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial