Miscellaneous ⇒ Licenses, GPL & Violations :: Archives ⇒ copyright phrases? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexLicenses, GPL & Violations

Archived ⇒ copyright phrases?

would posting this on my page break any part of the GPL liscense?

All content of this site including, but not limited to, the logo, name, package names, images, and all written material are owned and copyrighted by my company, LLC. You may not use or distribute them in any manner without the expressed written consent of my company, LLC.

i just wanted to make sure before i post it.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux CentOS/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.1.14-standard/4.4.0/9.0.6.1

Last edited by noobdesigner on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

it shouldnt. as long as you don't claim the CMS as yours you are fine. because all the content belongs to you after the CMS is up. otherwise i would ditch this project faster than a french transgender prostitute

i'm just that sweet

Windows XP | P4HT 3.4| 1.5GB RAM | 256 Vid Card PCIX | Apache2.0.52 | MySQL 1.4.8 | PHP 4.3.10 | 9.03

noobdesigner wrote
would posting this on my page break any part of the GPL liscense?

All content of this site including, but not limited to, the logo, name, package names, images, and all written material are owned and copyrighted by my company, LLC. You may not use or distribute them in any manner without written the expressed written consent of my company, LLC.

i just wanted to make sure before i post it.

That sound pretty good.

or you can do this:

All contents of this website including site logo, name, images, and any others materials generated by this site are owned and copyrighted by your company, LLC. Any distribution of our contents and/or materials of any kinds that generalted by this site without written authorization from this site will be prosecuded to the highest extends of the law.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

i like that guru...but i want it to be firm...yet not threatening...

i'm gonna go ahead and run with it...unless someelse thinks it would be violating any GPL licensing

Nascar Racing World
Earn some extra money (i know a lot of people don't believe in these things...but i wanna let you know...i just got over 4 grand deposited in my account...)

Linux CentOS/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.1.14-standard/4.4.0/9.0.6.1

It is not threating users, it is firm as it come. It is to inform them that if they do NOT have written permission they can be liable for it 'BY LAW' that is all. And 90% of the time it will STOP users from doing it. It is up to you what you want to place as your copyrights pharse.

If you wish to protect your content, your best option is to adopt creativecommons.org/about/licenses/

Nice! I definately will look into that. Very Happy