Miscellaneous ⇒ Licenses, GPL & Violations :: Archives ⇒ Permission :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexLicenses, GPL & Violations

Archived ⇒ Permission

Hi,

On my main site I have deactived the credits on the footer is this allowed but if you look I have added a link saying at the bottom of the footer.

Content management system (CMS) engine core powered by

As you can see here http://portal.dragonflyresources.net

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / Apache2.2.8 / MySQL5.0.45 / PHP5.2.6 / CVS

that should not be allowed - since pointing the user to this site does not show the actual credits - that's like saying "powered by microsoft" because you are using ms word or whatever...

plus - it does not show the gpl license link that gives you permission to use the software...

i believe it may be in violation - and if so - then no support would be given...

(at least this is what i understand)

[]D [] []\/[] []D
Check out my bear site - www.insidebear.com

RHL7 2.6.9-67.0.15ELsmp/A1.3.41(Unix)/MySQL4.1.22-standard/PHP5.2.5-ZO/Dragonfly 9.1.2.1

I'll wait to see what DJ says and if he does not agree i'll add it back as I don't want to break and rules or terms of agreement.

Unfortunately I believe DJ is more or less on vacation right now.

As stated in the rules the Credits link must appear in public view, a link to this site is not the same.

Another Developer might want to comment, but unless otherwise given permission, masterbeta is correct.

Linux 2.6.9 / 1.3.34 / 4.1.14 / 4.4.1 / CVS

dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=58.html#4j
If for good reason this message cannot be displayed we request at least the "credits" link be retained

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

OK sorry i'll amend it