Miscellaneous ⇒ User & Newbie Resources :: Archives ⇒ database recovery :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUser & Newbie Resources

Archived ⇒ database recovery

My former host added extra stuff to my sql database and now when I try to upload it to my new database it has an error message. Is there any way to fix this? Im will to give some cash for it too. really all I need is just the users info all the other things can be done without. about 500 users.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
RedHat 9 i686/Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)/MySQL 4.0.24-standard/Dragonfly 9.0.3.0

Depends what kind of error message it is...

jahmin not jamin

Fedora C2/1.3.33/4.1.11/4.3.11/CVS

Maybe it's because the database versions are not the same but here is the file see if u can atleast rocover the user portion of it. Sorry for assuming that you're willing to help but if anyone wants to take a look at it feel free and also im using df 9.03.

database dmp.gz

how are you importing it?

The file is over 2 meg which is the standard upload limit for the majority of PHP settings. if you are doing it via phpMyAdmin then that is probably the reason.

You should upload it to your site via FTP and use SSH (shell command line) to restore the database. or you could break it in chucks and re gzip it and upload the 2-3 differnt files.

if you don't know SSH you can get your host to do it for you. But take it from expierence... With a DB getting big like that being able to manipulate the database via SSH is VERY handy

Search is your friend

Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

tank wrote
how are you importing it?

It is very important. You're right im trying to do it phpmyadmin. but the thing is even when i try to upload it coule lines at a time I still get an error saying something like erro: check the corresponding syntax. I don't know how to do it SSH very well im new to it. and I run a dedicted server so I don't think my host will help with that. plz if anyone wants to help using remote assistance contact me

MSN: battlezonemp3 @ hotmail.com
yahoo messenger: battlezonemp3 @ yahoo.com

since you say the issue happens with smallet segments of the file, how about you provide a smaller sample of your problem file - most people won't even bother with a download of 3.8Mb.

The first issue that does spring to mind is that your comment lines all start with -- so change all -- to # and you may be up and running.

linux / apache 2.2.22 / mysqli 5.6.34 / 7.1.22 / 10.0.48.9418+

I know this will stretch out the page but here here is one example of a user.

INSERT INTO `cms_users` VALUES (11,'Adam','Yh8me','Sean_vetter1@yahoo.com','','','gallery/blank.gif','Dec 30, 2004',NULL,NULL,'United States.','',NULL,0,NULL,NULL,NULL,'260c48e7ee7625bdb074836420cc00c0',10,'',0,0,0,'',0,'','',4096,0,0,0,1,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,NULL,'english','D M d, Y g:i a',0,0,0,NULL,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,3,NULL,NULL,NULL,2,'2',1,0,NULL,1),

-- is a valid comment string for everything over MySQL 3.X

I really think your problem is that this file is too big. Do you have a PHPinfo file that you can link to that I can see your settings? Mainly upload limit. I am convinced this is where your problem lies.

And JMHO but if your running a ded. server you need to learn the basics of SSH. At the bare minimum how to talk to MySQL to backup and restore your databases.

heres a quick forum post on how to backup and restore via SSH.
jaguarpc.com/forums/sh...php?t=6153

Also, here is a forum topic that helped me when I started running my own dedicated box a year ago.
jaguarpc.com/forums/sh...hp?t=11316

Search is your friend

Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

Ok I will pay someone 20 dollars via paypal to restore it for me and thats if everything works fine. Anyone intersted in helping me using remote assistance thru SSH?

my contact information

MSN: battlezonemp3 @ hotmail.com
yahoo messenger: battlezonemp3 @ yahoo.com

Not quite so drastic yet - I presume you can at least ftp the file to your site.

I have managed to upload files 80MB in size Smile
www.ozerov.de/bigdump - key variables as below
----------------------------------------------------------------
Use corresponding info from your config.php file,
$db_server = "localhost"; // $dbhost
$db_name = ""; // $dbname
$db_username = ""; // $dbuname
$db_password = ""; // $dbpass

$filename = "";
$linespersession = 5000; //Works fine but vary for your server
----------------------------------------------------------------
(topic moved out of chit chat - very appropriate in here)

can u tell me where my database file is usually located on my server so ther I can Overwrite using ftp.

no, bigdump will rebuild it from your backup file which you must ftp to your site.

Ok im doing the above method u suggested with the bigdump script but I got this error now.

Error at the line 44: ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Query: CREATE TABLE `cms_admins` ( `admin_id` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `aid` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '', `email` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `pwd` varchar(40) default NULL, `counter` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `radminsuper` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminnews` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radmintopics` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminmembers` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminsurveys` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminhistory` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminnewsletter` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminforums` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radmingroups` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `radminshoutblock` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `radmindownloads` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `radminfaq` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `radminircchat` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `radminweb_links` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `radminguestbook4u` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `radminim` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`admin_id`), KEY `aid` (`aid`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 25

Stopped on error

Here is what line 25 says

`counter` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

Just forget I give up. I'll just start over new.

I don't have much else to offer, other than editing the whole file and removing "ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1" or resetting it's format to the required SQL syntax for each table, then upload as a text file and proceed with bigdump from there.