I'm aware questions like this are often somewhat hard to answer unless you have precise experience with creating a site similar, or I describe what I want in amazing clarity!
I've used a whole selection of CMS in the past - Mambo, Geeklog, PHP Nuke and generally have had to customise pretty heavily to get what I want for each project.
This time around I haven't the luxury of time to do this, so I need a CMS that does it practically 'out of the box' with a minimal amount of extra customisation.
The site is a product review one.
- Categorised reviews
- Rich content in reviews (pictures - videos)
- Score / rating by reviewer
- Ability for a reviewer to have a rating based on how many users marked their content as useful / good
- Comments / own reviews / ratings possible by site users appended to main review
- Ability to have sponsored reviews (this could be as simple as a link) - mainly for vendors who want to donate products for review
- Forum area / thread automatically created for each review for general discussion
- 'Best price' database linked to reviews to help users find the item for the best price
Has anyone built a site like this in Dragonfly? If not could someone tell me what subset of the above functionality is already available in this CMS?
I'm using responses from these posts to put together a list of CMSs and their plugins to test for this project
Many thanks in advance
Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):