Miscellaneous ⇒ Licenses, GPL & Violations :: Archives ⇒ GPL questions :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexLicenses, GPL & Violations

Archived ⇒ GPL questions

i wanted to know what i could delete here. and what i could add.

i wanted to make the footer as simple as possible.

this right here is what is at the bottom of my local site currently:
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy

i was wondering if i could change it to :
code credits / Dragonflycms

the links for code credits would be normal and Dragonfly link would be to the main page of this link

and code credits page would have the message at the top of everything else "Interactive software released under GNU GPL" with 'GNU GPL' as links to thier respective sites.

i think this is acceptable and i want to know if i can do this or a variation thereof. when my site ges live i wanted to have it so that i stil give you credit of course but i don't want to have too much stuff down there.

thanx

i'm just that sweet

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows XP | P4HT 3.4| 1.5GB RAM | 256 Vid Card PCIX | Apache2.0.52 | MySQL 1.4.8 | PHP 4.3.10 | 9.03

shure you may, you may even delete the whole footer BUT then the links to 'code credits' and df should be visible somewhere else (like in the menu or a side-block)

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

and i can still get help here right?

cuz i know what it's like to have code and not get credit for it at all. but i'm a fan of open source. so i wanna give the credit where credit is due. just don't want to make it look wierd

i'm just that sweet

Windows XP | P4HT 3.4| 1.5GB RAM | 256 Vid Card PCIX | Apache2.0.52 | MySQL 1.4.8 | PHP 4.3.10 | 9.03

i understand you still get help IF the links are present.
Full removal of them is bad idea, but moving them around is allowed.

OpenSource allows you to modify code so that also means the footer Wink We just hate full copyright removal of all hard work people did.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

alright. i figured i could. i just wanted to make sure is all. thanx alot man Smile

i'm just that sweet

So, let me get this straight. I know it's a dump question, and I probably know they answer.

If I only have this Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy on the bottom or any where on the page, I am OK as far as giving credit to the right peoples.

Reason that I am confirming this is to make sure that I do not violate the GPL myself, cause I am in the process of making changes to my site and I want to shorten the bottom part of the footer.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

well i was gonna remove everything except the credits then add the GPL stuff to the code credits section

i'm just that sweet

Right behind ya! MrPotatoes. Wink

lol. well i'll debut my site when it's ready. it'll all be there

ROCK ON!!! Smile Very Happy

i'm just that sweet

Laughing LOL