Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ RG_Sports V2.3 released ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

RG_Sports V2.3 released Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2 Next

RG_Sports V2.3

Can be seen in operation at SWF and SJF web sites. Please use forums at RedGerry.com for support.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Suse11.4 - LAMP on zypper - ISPConfig 3

cool! thanks!

When I go into element master config, (RG_Sports/do=sbmastercfg.html) and change the settings and click modify, they dont seem to save

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/DF 9.x

One of the very last changes prior to release was to rename the config_custom variable to RG_Sports from the previous global. To be honest until i looked at making the cpg_inst file I didn't realise these could be custom named Embarassed

cfg_name='global' line 346 on sbcontrolpanel.php

last one is on line 406, change these to:

cfg_name='RG_Sports' , 13 to change in all.

This has been corrected in the download, aplogies.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Install error - important ommission in insertion of reserved team_id's 1 and 2.

After 102 downloads an ommission in the cpg_inst.php file has been identified. This should have inserted reserved entries into the team and archive team tables. It is essential this error is corrected as especially player functionality, will be seriously comprimised by this error.

This has now been corrected in the installer. Sincere apologies.

More Information

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

I have installed the 3.2 module on the latest version of dragonfly (Brand new & nothing else installed) but when I try to access the module, to set it up, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /var/www/html/dragonfly/modules/RG_Sports/displays.php on line 2583

Everything else seems to work fine.
My site is hosted by my ISP.

Many thanks.

9.x

The module generates several drop down lists for everything from selecting users for permissions to listing images in gallery folders.

Listing pages have a variable $pagelimit, currently set to 150 which can be reduced to lower memory requirements.

Ideally php.ini should be modified to allow 16M scripts as against the default 8M

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Many thanks,

I changed the memory setting in php.ini and all works fine now.

9.x

The new SB Predictor element has been successfully tested at SWF this weekend. We will therefore be opening a full blown competition at the site next week where we are offerring an MP3 player to the highest score. We are hoping this proves a good hook to get our members involved and paying more attention to the games and results featured.

The download will be updated to 2.31 in the next few days to include this new feature as well as addressing many minor bug fixes and issues. I'm still trying to sort out an upgrade cpg_inst.php file that will add the new data without diasrupting the primary install of 2.30

For a look at the Test Predictor (10 fixtures only) visit below:

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

would it be at all possible to get the Predictor as a separate module? I am currently looking for a fantasy sports module for my website.

btw, I love what you have done with the RG_sports module so far and look forward to using it for a soccer website at a later date when I have the time to work on a new website Smile

{SIG REMOVED - PLEASE REDUCE TO REGULATION SIZE}

Linux/1.3.33/4.1.13-standard/4.3.11/9.0.6.1

The Predictor is 'wired' into the RG_Sports fixtures and authorisation tables. It would not really be suitable for stand-alone.

I am working on a new weekly 'tote' draw which is for the football club sites I currently look after. This is an external draw of two numbers (bingo like) which they use to raise funds. Tickets are sold at £1 (uk pound) and if anyone matches the two numbers drawn they win the prize money. If no-one wins it rolls over to the following week.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

I figured it wouldn't be feasible, figured it was worth asking though. You are really coming along with those extra features in that module, cant wait to have the time to test it out.

{SIG REMOVED - PLEASE REDUCE TO REGULATION SIZE}

Linux/1.3.33/4.1.13-standard/4.3.11/9.0.6.1

Has anyone been able to get v2.3 working with Dragonfly?

I am having some issues. I'm working with Gerry over on his site to try and fix it, but I'm just seeing if anyone else has this working before I go pester him some more!

Apache: 1.3.34 (Unix), MySQL: 4.1.18, PHP: 4.4.2, CPG: 9.1.1

V2.32 is now available to download and should hopefully resolve your issues.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Our season is just starting, so I've started to configure V2.33.
I can't seem to find anywhere to change the default scores though.
Redgerrys site is down, so I cant get any info there.
Our league uses 2 points for a win rather than 3.
Is there somewhere that I can easily change this?

Also, how can I enable player stats, or is this not implemented yet?

For anyone else needing to change the points for a win, edit functions.php and do a text search for +3. Change it to +2 or whatever score you need for a win.

Test Signature