Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ How To Install Tufat FlashChat 4.0.11 (with screenshots) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

How To Install Tufat FlashChat 4.0.11 (with screenshots) Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

Alyssa's How To on installing FlashChat 4.0.11 and basic common modifications into DF 9.06

Okay and as I was installing a new FlashChat to yet another site, I figured I'd just write a small commentary and post pictures of each step as I installed the thing.
Disclaimer: There are likely other ways to do this, I'll just document how I do it, and perhaps that might help someone else.

First BUY the script from Darren at Tufat.com it's FIVE bucks and so worth it. Honest.

Then upload ALL files in the 4.0.11\FlashChat_v4011\FlashChat directory into your DF root directory.

Before install:

Change the config.srv.php file located in the inc directory, with the database info for your DF site. You can just cut and paste from your DF config file. Save and upload over the existing config.srv.php file on your server.

Then go into the config.php located in the same inc directory and change this line:
Line 54 & 55
Change from:
//your CMS system[/b]
'CMSsystem' => '',// defaultCMS - default CMS, blank - stateless CMS
To:
//your CMS system
'CMSsystem' => 'cpgNukeCMS',// defaultCMS - default CMS, blank - stateless CMS

You can do these standard CONFIG modifications at the same time if you like, as they are all in the config.php file:

**To have your chatroom log off to the home page(shown here) or different module
(I use this as it seems to simplify what users see when they log off using the X button ... if you don't change it, they will see the chat room screen again with a log in box telling them to log into the chat. I prefer to have the log off button redirect them to the Home page myself)
*Step 1:
Line 406
Change from:
'redirect' => false, // redirectURL must be a valid URL
To:
'redirect' => true, // redirectURL must be a valid URL

*Step 2:
Line 407
Change from:
'url' => 'http://www.tufat.com/chat.php', // 'redirect' must be set to true for this to work
To:
'url' => 'http://www.yourdomainname.com/dir/index.php', // 'redirect' must be set to true for this to work

*Step 3:
Line 408
Change from:
'window' => '_blank', // the window to open into. possible values: _blank, _self, _parent, or a named window
To:
'window' => '_parent', // the window to open into. possible values: _blank, _self, _parent, or a named window
(UNLESS you want it to be a pop up window, then make it '_self' instead and ignore the post following the Installation How To posts on how to create an Iframe for it so it works like a module)

**To change what clicking on the "?" button to the Help file:
Line 339
Change From:
'helpUrl' => 'http://tufat.com/wiki/', //you can use also help.php
To:
'helpUrl' => 'http://yourdomainname.com/FlashChat/help.php', //you can use also help.php
(or if it's in a subdomain: 'helpUrl' => 'http://yourdomainname.com/dir/FlashChat/help.php')

**To change adminpass and spypass (this is [b]IMPORTANT, at least change them to like a 7-12 digits of pure gibberish like capital letters, lowercase letters, special characters, and numbers)[/b]
Line 68 & 69
Change from:
'adminPassword' => 'adminpass', and 'spyPassword' => 'spypass',
To:
'adminPassword' => 'Add in something different here',and 'spyPassword' => 'Add in something different here',

**To have a message seen by every user as they enter the room (I use this to educate and inform folks on how to exit using the log off button so they don't get stuck)
Line 64
Change from:
'auto_motd' => 0, // 1 for on, 0 for off (on means it is displayed upon chat entry)
To:
'auto_motd' => 1, // 1 for on, 0 for off (on means it is displayed upon chat entry)
(This will result in a message that appears every time a user enters a room. However it does appear as if the user themself is posting it, so I do add in an explanation in the FAQ and on the Forum discussing quirks and things users should know about the site and how it works)

This will pull from a file located in the appdata directory called motd.txt. Just open that up and edit it. I tend to use as I stated above a educational message that informs them on how to log out of chat.

I replace:
This is the default <b>MOTD</b> message :D<br>Thanks

With (but you can use whatever you like):
<b>Welcome to the "sitename's" chat! Please be sure when you log out that you use the button in the upper right hand side corner of the chatroom (when you hover over it an *X* will become visible) so your name doesn't get stuck in the rooms! No flaming and Have Fun!</b>

**To have a topic appear in the rooms
Line 65
Change From:
'auto_topic' => 0, // 1 for on, 0 for off (on means it is displayed upon room entry)
To:
'auto_topic' => 1, // 1 for on, 0 for off (on means it is displayed upon room entry)

This will pull (I believe, I've never used a topic in those I've installed so far) from a file located in the appdata directory called public_text.txt. Just open that up and edit it.

Replace:
This is the default message seen when entering a public room.
With:
Whatever topic you'd like.

**If you want to turn off bots
Line 15
Change from:
'enableBots' => true, //set to true to enable Bots
To:
'enableBots' => false, //set to true to enable Bots

Save and upload over the existing config.php file on your server.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:24 am; edited 4 times in total

Step 1:

Go to the install.php page on your domain. CMHOD all the directories and files it tells you to so they say Yes. Check the box that says Check here if you wish to integrate FlashChat at the top. Click the continue button.
Attachment: step1.jpg
Description
Filesize 157.63 KiB
Viewed 1203 Time(s)
You are not allowed to view/download this attachment

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Step 1a:

Check the circle that says CPGNuke and click on the continue button.
Attachment: step1a.jpg
Description
Filesize 149.91 KiB
Viewed 999 Time(s)

Step 2:

Because you altered your config.srv.php file before you started the installer, your database information will appear in the appropriate spaces.

I leave the prefix as cms_fc_ as it makes finding the database tables for the chat rooms REALLY easy to find for when you want to delete the connections (sessions) or do any changes via phpMyAdmin.

Click on the continue button.
Attachment: step2.jpg
Description
Filesize 113.34 KiB
Viewed 994 Time(s)

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Step 3:

Check the second circle that says:As a registered users only chatroom.

The room list is what was set on the previous page.

You can just click the continue button and then change the chatrooms after the install is completed if you like (the easiest way I've found).

Note: The NEXT step will be Step 6. This is OKAY. This is because of the choices we did at the get go and the way you set the config files and it will work just fine. Honest.
Attachment: step3.jpg
Description
Filesize 135.57 KiB
Viewed 958 Time(s)

Step 6:

This is where you can choose what bots you wish your chatrooms to have. I don't tend to use them or install their databases unless it is requested and the people I've set this up for generally haven't wanted them... soooo I have little experience with them and have NO idea if they are buggy or useful or even working correctly.

You can click the Skip This button if you don't want to install any bots.
OR
You can uncheck the boxes to not install certain bots and then click the continue button.

Note: If you DO install the bots, there will be a Step 7. If you do NOT install any bots the installer will jump to Step 8(The end of the installation). This is OKAY. Really.

The next step (Step 7) will show the loading screen and then I will post Step 8 and it's screenshot.
Attachment: step6.jpg
Description
Filesize 163.60 KiB
Viewed 919 Time(s)

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Step 7:

This screen will be loading the bots databases if you chose them. I did a example install with a few bots selected to show what this screen will look like.

You MUST allow this to finish loading! Go have a snack, take a bathroom break, watch some commercials, whatever. Let it LOAD.

The screenshot shows what Step 7 looks like once it has finished loading the databases.

Click the Continue button after it says it is done.
Attachment: step7.jpg
Description
Filesize 140.40 KiB
Viewed 888 Time(s)

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Step 8:

You are DONE! Yay!

Click the Start Flashchat link!
Attachment: step8.jpg
Description
Filesize 133.13 KiB
Viewed 999 Time(s)

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Final Step:

REMOVE INSTALL.PHP AND THE INSTALL_FILES DIRECTORY

This is VERY important! DO it RIGHT away!

You can then log into your newly installed chatroom by clicking to the top "Login>>" button.

The script for Who's In The Chat? is at the top right hand side corner.

Other links are near the bottom of the page.

This SHOULD have installed FlashChat 4.0.11 in to your DF 9.6 site.

I will post about iframes which will allow you to embed the chatroom like it was an actual module next.
Attachment: finalstep.jpg
Description
Filesize 163.79 KiB
Viewed 962 Time(s)

To make it embedded, go into your modules Directory and create a directory. Name it whatever you like. Chat, FlashChat, SiteName_Chat, etc.

CHMOD that to 755 or 777.

Create a index.php file and cut and paste this into it:

<?php if (!defined('CPG_NUKE')) { exit; } /*--------------------------------------------------------- Description: iframe Module - CPG-Nuke Compatible By: Stephen2417 aka HomeSlice (stephen2417@gmail.com) http://www.stephen2417.com Copyright © 2004 by Stephen2417 --------------------------------------------------------- Instructions: Save as index.php, Upload to /modules/NAME/ (change the name if you wish to have more than one) then fill in the config (url and size). ---------------------------------------------------------*/ /*--------------------[START CONFIG]-----------------------*/ $url = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/dir/FlashChat/flashchat.php'; /* URL */ $size = array( 'width' => '600', /* Width */ 'height' => '500' /* Height */ ); $pagetitle .= 'Our Chatrooms'; /*---------------------[END CONFIG]------------------------*/ require_once('header.php'); OpenTable(); echo '<center>' .'<iframe src="'.$url.'" width="'.$size['width'].'" height="'.$size['height'].'">' .'Your browser dosen\'t support iframe\'s, Get a real browser. Firefox - getfirefox.com' .'</iframe>' .'</center>'; CloseTable();

Change the url to your domain name and/or directory info.

Go into your Modules Admin and make it an active module and make it visible to Adminstrators or Moderators or Registered Users Only, depending on why you are using the thing.

It should work now by clicking on the Chatroom link in your CPG Menu block, and if you altered the config.php for what happens when someone logs out(as detailed in the first post on this thread), then when a user leaves the chatroom CORRECTLY (by using that "X" button) and made the redirect have a "_parent" target, like say your Home page, then it will log the user out and after a few moments, redirect them to the home page or whatever you set the redirect url to.

You can now add the link to your headers (index.php?=WhateverYouNamedTheChatDirectoryInYourModulesDirectory or wherever else you want the chat link to show up.

O_O *blinkblinkblink...* wow

"I wish to God I didn't know now; the things I didn't know then."
--Max Wyath
If you add me to any IM's you'll have to give me yours since mine block the general public.

RH Ent3/2/4.0.23/4.4/9.x

Oh yeah, might as well slap this in here too so it's all in one thread...

If your profiles don't work (you can test them and see by right clicking on your own name in the room list on the right side and selecting Profile while logged into your chatroom), chances are you didn't install your DF into a root directory, but a subdirectory. No big deal!

Just go into the FlashChat\inc\cmses directory, and find the file named cpgNukeCMS.php

The link is at or around line 117:
Change this line:
$rv = $this->cpgNukeConfig['server']['nukeurl'] . "/index.php?name=Your_Account" . ((($id = $this->isLoggedIn()) && ($id == $userid)) ? "" : "&profile=".$user['login']);\
By adding in your subdirectory name where I've typed in "dir/":
$rv = $this->cpgNukeConfig['server']['nukeurl'] . "/dir/index.php?name=Your_Account" . ((($id = $this->isLoggedIn()) && ($id == $userid)) ? "" : "&profile=".$user['login']);

Make sense?

cool it works the first time through now? in past versions you had to install it standalone then go through and do the integration. and you did it without darkgrues integration class?

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/DF 9.x

I've never used the integration class, or downloaded it, so yeah it's not anything to do with that.

It's really close to how I always installed it actually. With a few minor variations, it's pretty much how it installed in 8.2b.

I installed it on three sites and typed all this out this Saturday afternoon, not a one gave me hassles. First time through for them all installed it fine.

The beautiful thing about leaving the prefix at cms_fc_ is that if it DOES give you issues, you can just simply yank out those database tables and do the install again. I yanked it off and reinstalled one like 3 times just to see how easy it was (I'm strange, I know LOL).

But yeah. It was actually more of a pain in the butt for me to grab the screenshots and type that all out than it was to install it on three different sites. And I am pretty darn sure I didn't miss documenting a step. If someone has problems I hope they post them here!

Go figure hehehe!

AMAZING documentation/tutorial alyssa. I am going to run through it later tonight and I hope it runs as smooth for me as it did in your installs!!

THANK YOU!!!

2K3/V2/5.0.51/4.3.11/9.2.1