Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ How To Install Tufat FlashChat 4.0.11 (with screenshots) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

How To Install Tufat FlashChat 4.0.11 (with screenshots) Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

Well, you could embed the flash anyplace and make it any size, but I don't think most people would like it very much. Users would "log in" to the chat every time they viewed a page with the flash on it, their browsers would not be very happy, MySQL would not be very happy.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

Out of curiosity, has anyone got this to work with the ajax skin?

I have it working and respecting the DF login, with one small (yet alarming to users) bug.

I've been having a bit of an amusing go round with their forums support about it, so I'm curious whether anyone else has tried this.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

run0 wrote
that works perfect, thanks!

Thanks to the brilliant instructions at the beginning of this thread I had the chat up and running in half an hour.

What is taking me much longer is embedding the chat in a page on my site and getting a chat module running properly.

I see it works fine on DF Addons website, what's the secret?

Linux, Apache 2.0, SQL 5.0.86-log (client: 4.1.22), PHP 5.2.11 DF 9.2.1

Wow Alyssa, an amazing job, I have just installed Flashchat into my new DF and came here looking for something else, the instructions on how to embed the program and redirect to home are invaluable, THANK YOU.

I will emphasise to all persons considering this though, security is critical on this program, follow Alyssa's instructions on setting the information in the config file, also add the folder to your htaccess, I am unsure of the curent situation but maliceous code has been uploaded via hacking in the past.

In saying that, I am now on my fourth purchase of this chat, it is so user friendly and reliable, and as for the bot's, I find it quite amazing still to go in and have a chat with Alice.

"So! A good deed in a weary world"

OS/Linux - Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) - MySQL/4.1.21-standard - PHP/4.4.6 - CPGNuke/9.1.2.1

I have found a 2 part JavaScript that works well for displaying the who's in Chat via a Block.
One part goes in block, part 2 goes in original page.
The script is from a reputable site but I do not want to post it here unless it is okayed by Dragonfly management.

OS/Linux - Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) - MySQL/4.1.21-standard - PHP/4.4.6 - CPGNuke/9.1.2.1

I love this tutorial by alyssa. But I have a small problem. I want to embed this as a module on my site. Alyssa has given something for the same here

dragonflycms.org/Forum...html#80584

But if you have a look at this post you will be able to see that there is nothing in the code box and it is empty. Can anybody pass me on the index.php file that she has mentioned there.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

nothing in the code box and it is empty

Forgive me if I misunderstand your post, I am just trying to be helpful, but the index.php file mentioned is an IFrame to be directed at the actual page, you just put in the information required.

Thanks you for the help Downunder! You seemed to be kind of the lucky charm. I am now being able to see the code and have also successfully embedded it into the site. I know it works but just wasn't being able to see it. Have a look at it for yourself!

www.radopod.com/index.php?name=Chat

Thanks for the update, glad I was able to start giving something back to the community.
It looks good, cheers

I knew it works because I had seen it over at dfaddons.com. So all I needed was the code which I did get ultimately.

BadCO wrote
I can confirm that the latest version of FC (4.7.7) still works ok with DF and the install is much improved on the early versions. Just one word of warning if you have your DF install in a directory you will need to change the hardcoded link in inc/cmses/cpgNukeCMS.php on line 10:
require_once($cpg_root_path . '/your_folder/config.php');

Do this before you start the install.

I am working on a clean install of the latest FlashChat (4.7.11) with the latest DF (9.1.2.1) on a new site, and I've run into the problem BadCO mentioned above. I'm getting these errors:

Warning: main(/home/u1/xxxxx/html/config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u1/xxxxx/html/chat/inc/cmses/cpgNukeCMS.php on line 10

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/u1/xxxxx/html/config.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/u1/xxxxx/html/chat/inc/cmses/cpgNukeCMS.php on line 10

I understand I need to change the hardcoded link, but change it to what? The DF config.php (which I thought didn't exist anymore)? The chat config.php? I tried changing it to /chat/inc/config.php, but that just gave some new errors:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/u1/xxxxx/html/chat/inc/classes/db.php on line 15

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/u1/xxxxx/html/chat/inc/cmses/cpgNukeCMS.php on line 42

Am I missing something obvious?

Unix/1.3.36/4.1.21/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

I got this worked out in PM's. Thanks so much BadCO.

For anyone interested, it just required putting "includes" into the path:

require_once($cpg_root_path . '/includes/config.php');

And alyssa, thank you for putting these instructions together to begin with. Simply brilliant.

Very Happy

Unix/1.3.36/4.1.21/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

My response in case it is useful for anyone else:

BadCO wrote
I haven't done this for a while but I'll explain what worked for us:

Our root directory for our webserver (Apache) is:
/net/path/

Our DF install is in:
/net/path/cpgn2/

Our TufatChat is in
/net/path/chat/

Before running the installed I modified line 10 of the file /net/path/chat/inc/cmses/cpgNuke.CMS.php. The modification was:

require_once($cpg_root_path . '/cpgn2/config.php');

Having said that you are right that the config.php doesn't exist anymore and I can't remember what we did to modify TufatChat. I suspect we modified the above line to point at the new location for config.php which I believe is in include (cannot check as I'm at work) .... so

require_once($cpg_root_path . '/cpgn2/includes/config.php');

Either way you need to point at the file that contains the database connection info - which is the DF config.php.

Linux/2.2.4/5.0.37/5.2/9.1.2.1

Just want to make sure before I purchase FlashChat: Does the latest version work with latest Dragonfly (including CVS) and does the manual still apply?

Thx a lot in advance Smile

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

I tried it out about two months ago. Everything did fit well back then. Not sure what was the version back then though. Never tried it with CVS. Hope that helps!