General ⇒ Announcements :: Archives ⇒ Drastic CVS / Dragonfly 9.1.x changes :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

Archived ⇒ Drastic CVS / Dragonfly 9.1.x changes This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

As of today the CVS of dragonfly has had drastical changes for many reasons.
I will list the global changes/benefits here.

config.php removed
The file is no longer in the CVS and will not be distributed anymore other then in a code format.
As of today you setup config.php thru the installer and it will be saved automaticly in the /includes/ folder or offered as download.
This way we can add additional features/support inside the configuration if needed as for example full encryption of the file using bcompiler or eAccelerator.
Another benefit is that the file can't be accidentaly overwritten/corrupt on any CVS/Website update.

installer
As read above the installer creates the config.php but besides that it is almost fully rewritten since 9.0.6.1 to accomplish full PostgreSQL support inside and in Dragonfly.
The installer will auto-detect which SQL clients are available. Currently supported are MySQL, MySQLi and Postgre but others like Oracle and MSSQL are in production.

This is mostly achieved thru a new SQL system called sql_manager which uses a uniform structure and the manager for a SQL layer converts back/forth the uniform to the SQL server standards.

As and example MySQL uses tinyint which is a 1 byte integer. The uniform version is INT1.
A full documentation regarding all uniforms will be available soon and mostly comply with the ISO SQL

cmsinit.inc
Has had a major cleanup and all deprecated functions are removed from a default DF to speed things up.
If you're desperatly in need of the functions then set CPG_DEBUG to true in /includes/config.php to debug and fix the corrupt add-ons

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

I had a Question, Do i need to move config.php to include dir?

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

no a new one will be written inside the /include/ dir due to changes inside config.php regarding MySQL 4.1/5.0 connections.

If the installer can't write to the /include/ it offers a download of the file so you can upload it yourself.

Started with documenting the new Dragonfly 9.1.x SQL manager.
dragonflycms.org/Wiki/id=92.html

I didn't want to try running the installerfor an upgrade as it seemed to think it was performing a new installation, as I had removed the original config.php

I moved config.php to /includes/ then it said I already had 9.1.0.1 installed so I didn't need to run the installer. Was this the correct thing to do?

Norbie

www.norbiesworld.co.uk

Linux / Apache Custom Version / 4.0.26-standard (client: 5.0.15) / 4.4.4 / 9.1.1

DJMaze wrote
no a new one will be written inside the /include/ dir due to changes inside config.php regarding MySQL 4.1/5.0 connections.

If the installer can't write to the /include/ it offers a download of the file so you can upload it yourself.

So norbie delete config.php and run the installer :p

Maybe i should say:

Don't use your old config.php the installer MUST do the job

ok Confused

I was just worried how it seemed to think it was a new installation.
*Backs up and runs install*

Norbie

www.norbiesworld.co.uk

Linux / Apache Custom Version / 4.0.26-standard (client: 5.0.15) / 4.4.4 / 9.1.1

I got one error whilst installing, something about a duplication error of Key7 in the bbsearch_wordlist table. It still managed to write config.php though.

Just one small problem - I am unable to change admin.php in the config file to what I use (the renamed admin.php file). I can't overwrite the file or CHMOD it then overwrite it.

Will there be a web interface to edit the file?

Norbie

www.norbiesworld.co.uk

@norbie: hmm i never thought of the admin.php not accessible due to a bad server setup.
Do keep a copy of config.php and use the following script in your DF root.
<?php delete('includes/config.php');

Please report the installer bugs here: dragonflycms.org/Proje...eport.html

I've fixed Pitcher's bug

I am not being rude, but what was the idea of this from and why has it changed like this, i am 99% sure it was ok before? Do we need to upgrade?

FreeBSD/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.1.13-log/4.4.0+5.0.4(Using 4.4.0)/9.0.5.0 for teenout.com

@robertall you probably forgot to read the first post cos that explains why it has been changed.
Also as a mind that has been here for ages you should have noticed the many CPG_DEBUG and Connection error topics/posts on these forums and faq.

This should explain enough, if not go test the installer

MyStatus based on your statsig required cmsinit. I tried deleting it out but it just won't work without it. I'm sure statsig along with a lot of modules will be effected by the change. How should we proceed with statsigs?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

tested and our statsig works
dragonflycms.org/stats...viewsource

NOTE: anything processed by cmsinit.inc has no issues (this also includes modules).
If you wrote a script yourself that uses config.php then you must modify it.

cool Smile

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Cool Bean, Nice going.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1