Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Teamspeakdisplay for Dragonfly :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Teamspeakdisplay for Dragonfly

This is to announce a new release of Teamspeakdisplay for Dragonfly: Version 1.0.

This module and block combination queries your Teamspeak server and displays the channels and players in it on your website with an option to join the server, channel, or subchannel by clicking a link (if the Teamspeak client is installed on the local client). Teamspeakdisplay for Dragonfly is an original Dragonfly module and blocks based on the Teamspeak Display Preview Release 3 TS2 server query classes originally written by Guido van Biemen.

This module includes an original module display, and two original Dragonfly blocks to display TS2 server and channel status. The first block is static, and loads as a normal block.

The second is more novel, and uses a dynamically resizing iframe so the block can be refreshed without reloading the page. It has been tested to work with IE and Firefox (Opera users see a message and link in the block directing them to the module page. Opera doesn't size the iframe right or do frame tranparency.)

This module features automatic instantiation! More than one copy of this module can be run simultaneously without tedious and/or confusing edits of the source.

Multiple instances of this module can be created by making a copy of the module directory and adding an underscore followed by an integer to the name of the directory (e.g. "Teamspeak_2"). The module will detect this and automagically configure itself. Blocks can similarly be configured (e.g. "block-Teamspeak_2.php"). (Note that the Module and Block naming functions in the respective Administration sections allow the user to title either to suit.)

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

After uploading the files, I activated the module then installed the block. The block doesn't show up & when I click on the module link, all I get is a blank page.

I have the correct IP & port info in the config.inc file.

I am running PHP Nuke 7.8 patched

PHP

this is dragonfly CMS, not phpnuke. dragonfly modules will not work with phpnuke. phpnuke is not supported here. nukecops.com is prolly where you should go

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/DF 9.x

Well that explains that...sorry. Whistling

PHP

Im having an issue where it wont work on my site as well. I have edited the config.inc corretly for the server and the port. How do i tell the serverqueryport?

And if that is correct, Im not sure what I need to do for it then. It just shows as my server being offline. I have hosting for my TS thru clanservers

Linux/1.3.34/4.1.18/4.3.11/9.0.6.1

Default server port is 8767.

XP / 2.0 / 5.1 / 5.2 / none

not that port, after that port there is a serverqueryport option thats set to 51234. How do I find out if thta is accurate?

Check the teamspeak website for the default.

XP / 2.0 / 5.1 / 5.2 / none

ZeroCipher wrote
not that port, after that port there is a serverqueryport option thats set to 51234. How do I find out if thta is accurate?

It's the default query port. Some hosting providers set up servers on different ports, rather than different IPs, in which case, you need that info from your provider.

99.99% of the time, people who can't use this block (as well as some of the other gaming blocks), can't do so because the server that their Dragonfly CMS is running on isn't permitted outbound connections on non-standard ports. Some hosting porivders only allow outbound on HTTP, some require that you register outbound connections in the account control panel, some don't allow outbound requests at all.

There's no way to work around that issue - the blocks require outbound connections on particular ports.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Can you tell me what ports most likel need to be opened for this so that I can ask my p[rovider to open them and see what they say?

darkgrue wrote
ZeroCipher wrote

It's the default query port. Some hosting providers set up servers on different ports, rather than different IPs, in which case, you need that info from your provider.

99.99% of the time, people who can't use this block (as well as some of the other gaming blocks), can't do so because the server that their Dragonfly CMS is running on isn't permitted outbound connections on non-standard ports. Some hosting porivders only allow outbound on HTTP, some require that you register outbound connections in the account control panel, some don't allow outbound requests at all.

There's no way to work around that issue - the blocks require outbound connections on particular ports.

I've just switched over to Dragonfly from phpnuke. The teamspeak block I use for that site runs fine and requires the same configuration information as yours. Only I can't get yours to detect the server. If the other block is working, is it safe to assume that my host does indeed permit outbound connections? If so, what else can I look for?

I didn't pay attention to the directions in the config file as I didn't uncomment // when I changed the port. Thanks for the Module/Blocks they look great.

hmm i get this message

modules/Teamspeak/teamspeakdisplay.inc

* Warning line 54: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to 212.19.130.2:51234

any solutions ?

my setup :

// ************************** Setup Options ****************************
// Set the teamspeak server IP or Hostname below (DO NOT INCLUDE THE
// PORT NUMBER, see $settings['serverudpport'], below.):
$settings['serveraddress'] = '213.19.130.2';

// If you use another port than 8767 to connect to your teamspeak
// server using a teamspeak client, then uncomment the line below and
// set the correct teamspeak port:
//$settings['serverudpport'] = '8777';

// If your teamspeak server uses another query port than 51234, then
// uncomment the line below and set the teamspeak query port of your
// server (look in the server.ini of your teamspeak server for this
// portnumber):
//$settings['serverqueryport'] = '51234';

my ts ip and port : Teamspeak IP/Port:
213.19.130.2:8777

Hi again Grue! Been quiet for a while, but am back again now!

Have got your blocks working great, always picking up correct server info etc etc.... Only problem is that when I click on anything, it prompts for login name and password, I tap that in, TS2 launches, but it won't connect - always says bad login or password even though I know it isn't... Any ideas?

XP / IIS / 4.1.19 / 5.1.4 / 9.0.6.1

Brammers: I was having the same problem, until I found out it logs in anonymously. So, instead of using your usernames password, you need to use the anonymous server login.

win2K3/apache_2.0.54/4.1.14-nt/5.0.3/9.0.6.1