Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Teamspeakdisplay for Dragonfly :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Teamspeakdisplay for Dragonfly

lndknox wrote
Brammers: I was having the same problem, until I found out it logs in anonymously. So, instead of using your usernames password, you need to use the anonymous server login.

It's a limitation of the teamspeak:// URI handler as far as I know (in the TeamSpeak client). I don't think there's alternate login constructs.

Generally, I don't think the JavaScript login prompt are going to be most user's preferred method, at least for regulars. TS has a much more flexible address book-type arrangement for that. It's a convienance, but one that's only so in a pretty narrow range of situations.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

I have confirmed query port with host, my config is all correct, yet the block informs me "server is offline"

Any advice on my next process of elimination?

Sounds like a subdural hematoma to me...

DragonflyCMS 9.3.4.1 OS CentOS 5.7 (Final) PHP 5.3.3-13.el5_8 MySQL 5.0.95-5.el5_9

Possibly blocked by your host. I could not get my hosting service to open up the outbound port. So I had success by switching to TSViewer. www.tsviewer.com

.m@.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. " - Albert Einstein

{GoDaddy Hosted} Linux/ 1.3.33 / 5.0.45 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.2.1

mafa wrote
I have confirmed query port with host, my config is all correct, yet the block informs me "server is offline"

Any advice on my next process of elimination?

If as you say, you've configured the module correctly and it still doesn't work, you're done. There's different diagnostics that you could possibly do to confirm the results, but you'd need a command prompt on your DF host to do them (telnet to a TCP port is a quick way to check connectivity).

I'm not sure why this question comes up as much as it does. Especially in the same thread.

darkgrue wrote
99.99% of the time, people who can't use this block (as well as some of the other gaming blocks), can't do so because the server that their Dragonfly CMS is running on isn't permitted outbound connections on non-standard ports. Some hosting porivders only allow outbound on HTTP, some require that you register outbound connections in the account control panel, some don't allow outbound requests at all.

There's no way to work around that issue - the blocks require outbound connections on particular ports.

Either switch to a host that allows outbound queries, or if you are desperate for a complicated solution, set up yet another host to do the TeamSpeak query and construct a block to put the result in an IFRAME.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

Hey,

I just switched over from Ventrilo to Teamspeak just because of your marvellous block Dark Smile

I have two questions though:

1. Would it be possible to allow the registered users to log in as such through the block. As I understand it, right now only anonymous access (with a server password) is possible.

2. Would an enhancement to the module to allow the registration to the server via Dragonfly (eg for certain groups only) be possible at all ? I am rather new to TS. But the way I understand it right now it is rather hard to have control about who registers to the TS Server: Either you allow anonymous users to register and have no control or you do it manually and have to catch each user online to allow him registration.

But as it is the module is just great and i'd like to thank you for it Smile

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

Golem wrote
Hey,

I just switched over from Ventrilo to Teamspeak just because of your marvellous block Dark Smile

I have two questions though:

1. Would it be possible to allow the registered users to log in as such through the block. As I understand it, right now only anonymous access (with a server password) is possible.

/boggle

Your question was answered on this very page, four messages up:

darkgrue wrote
lndknox wrote
Brammers: I was having the same problem, until I found out it logs in anonymously. So, instead of using your usernames password, you need to use the anonymous server login.

It's a limitation of the teamspeak:// URI handler as far as I know (in the TeamSpeak client). I don't think there's alternate login constructs.

Generally, I don't think the JavaScript login prompt are going to be most user's preferred method, at least for regulars. TS has a much more flexible address book-type arrangement for that. It's a convienance, but one that's only so in a pretty narrow range of situations.

The module does nothing to connect to TeamSpeak or interact with the TeamSpeak server or client. It's a legitimate enhancement request... for the TeamSpeak authors.

I suspect that they will (and possibly should) reject such a request for security reasons. The password is sent in the clear in the URI. Server passwords aren't very secure to begin with, and one could arguably shrug. Registered user (and admin) passwords being passed the same way could end up with your TS server being owned.

Golem wrote
2. Would an enhancement to the module to allow the registration to the server via Dragonfly (eg for certain groups only) be possible at all ? I am rather new to TS. But the way I understand it right now it is rather hard to have control about who registers to the TS Server: Either you allow anonymous users to register and have no control or you do it manually and have to catch each user online to allow him registration.

It's technically possible, I suppose, but I consider it way to far out-of-scope for this module. It's only a status block, the whole login thing was just a convenience and I only really bothered with it because what I was porting included a (badly implemented) version of it.

First, you'd have to have the TS server use an external DB. The bundled DB I don't think can expose itself to a network interface. But you can have the TS server use a MySQL DB.

There is at least one PHP API available CyTS, so there is some of the problem solved there. I can't speak as to whether it's a quality solution or not though - haven't used it, just did some cursory research.

You'd then need to port something like gTeamSpeak, which could be pretty painful - vBulletin's pretty different from DF.

Keep in mind that even when all that's done there's just the problem of passing the authentication token in the first place (that is, it won't solve your first question). Neither the TS client nor the server can read the DF authentication cookie on the client's broswer. So, while this whole thing could concievably create TS users that replicate DF usernames and passwords, or something, you [the user] would still have to pass to the TS client those credentials in order to log into the TS Server. Either by creating an address book entry in the TS client, or passing them in the unregistered user URI. DF could create for the user a URI that contained their login credentials - if the TS authors added a URI login method for registered users - but again, that information passes in the clear. Which is bad security. Worse, if that username/password is the same as the DF one, but even if it isn't, it's still a design I wouldn't approve.

My first impression would be that such a feature that wouldn't be a nasty unsecure hack would be a significant integration effort. It would probably also be very functionally limited unless the TS application made significant changes in its interface.

It might just be easier to write a cron script to extract the username and password hashes and replicate them into a the TS database (assuming they use the same hash functions). A hack, to be sure, but one with a really low cost.

Golem wrote
But as it is the module is just great and i'd like to thank you for it Smile

Thanks, you're welcome! Big grin

D/L link is broken?

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

Kinsman wrote
D/L link is broken?

The link in the OP works fine, goes to the project page on my site which links to both download sites. Everything works fine. Which link were you referring to?

Hi darkgrue,

I have a short question about the dynamic block. The block and module are working perfectly. It is just a minor cosmetic issue that I cannot figure out:

The block displays the theme's background image and therefore breaks with the look of the other blocks.

What I'd like to have is that it looks like all the other blocks of that theme. In my case that would be the background color #EFEFEF. I have tried to edit the block ("Background-color:transparent"). But the color I add there only appears for less that a second when the block is loadinng.

Now my question: How can I modify the code of the block so that it uses the standard background for blocks given by the theme. Or if not possible: can I "hard code" the mentioned color into the block?

Thx in advance for any help Smile
I have attached an image so that you get an idea of what I am aiming at.

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

Golem wrote
Hi darkgrue,

I have a short question about the dynamic block. The block and module are working perfectly. It is just a minor cosmetic issue that I cannot figure out:

The block displays the theme's background image and therefore breaks with the look of the other blocks.

What I'd like to have is that it looks like all the other blocks of that theme. In my case that would be the background color #EFEFEF. I have tried to edit the block ("Background-color:transparent"). But the color I add there only appears for less that a second when the block is loadinng.

The dynamic block is actually loading an IFRAME of the module in order to display the infomation. What you need to do is modify the styling of the module, not the block.

So, you want to start poking around in modules/Teamspeak/index.php, around Line 86, as well as look at perhaps adding more styling information to the teamspeakdisplay_block.css file.

Without experimenting with style settings, I'm not really sure what exactly you need to change to get the background changed, but the way to do it for the dynamic block is definitely in the module code.