Support ⇒ Troubleshootings :: Archives ⇒ Problems with cvs :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

Archived ⇒ Problems with cvs

I know, I know, CVS use at your own risk.
Ive been using it for over a year now with no major problems, til know. You cant login or out.

Here's a couple errors, or at least the last two emailed to me:

On /index.php?name=Your_Account&op=logout&redirect While executing query "DELETE FROM cms_session WHERE host_addr='��n' AND guest<>1" the following error occured: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' Guest information: User id: Username: Admin: No IP: 0.0.0.0 Host: 0.0.0.0

On / While executing query "DELETE FROM cms_session WHERE host_addr='��n' AND guest=1" the following error occured: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' Guest information: User id: Username: Admin: No IP: 0.0.0.0 Host: 0.0.0.0

Any ideas on when and how to fix this????

.::..::.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

You change your version of MySQL lately? Perhaps to MySQL 5.x?

The error's pretty explicit about what's wrong, your tables have different collations:

bigern75 wrote
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE)

Dragonfly wants to use "utf8_general_ci", but your default MySQL collation is "latin1_swedish_ci"

You'll need to ALTER all your Dragonfly databases that aren't set to the correct collation, see www.dragonflycms.org/F...ation.html for an example.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

right, the last I heard was they where still working on the converter in CVS to change latin1_swedish_ci to utf8_general_ci.

Now if I could just convert every table with one command that would be nice.

ALTER TABLE <all tables> DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

when trying to shout, shoutblock produces this since i updated to the latest snapshot

includes\db\db.php

* CMS Warning line 74: On /index.php?name=Shoutblock While executing query "SELECT name FROM cms_shoutblock_ipblock WHERE name = '<�cY/' LIMIT 0,1" the following error occured: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

but my site is english based, is this related ?

Pretzy's Place Pertzel Family Tree History Genealogy
Riverlife Church Henty

XP_Apache 2.2.2_MySQL 5.0.21_PHP 5.1.4_CPGNuke 9.1.1

I've founbd a bug in the /modules/Private_Messages/read.php file in the cvs...

its missing

CloseTable();

as the last line..

this is causing Themes to stuff up when reading private messages I've fixed it on my site

its taken me 4 hours to locate it and fix it Wink

Hope this helps out the team

CentOS 3.6/apache2/mysql4.x/DragonFly Latest CVS

BlueSteel wrote
I've found a bug in the /modules/Private_Messages/read.php file in the cvs...

its missing

CloseTable();

as the last line..

No the bug is OpenTable() it was used while it shouldn't be, for better theme customizations.
This is fixed in cvs.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

👏 in that case i think you'd better look at /modiles/Private_Messages/index.php in the cvs too.. cause its using it too.. Wink

thats where i found that it was missing in the other file by seeing how they did it in there 😁

thanks for doing a great job..

Also i've just noticed that the Joined date isn't showing up correctly anymore Sad at least on my system Sad

BlueSteel wrote
👏 in that case i think you'd better look at /modiles/Private_Messages/index.php in the cvs too.. cause its using it too.. Wink

thats where i found that it was missing in the other file by seeing how they did it in there 😁

thanks for doing a great job..

Also i've just noticed that the Joined date isn't showing up correctly anymore Sad at least on my system Sad

Date Code are UNIXTIME. you need to use L10NTime Class to see the date.

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

well i'll i'm pointing out is that the CVS version isn't shoung the joined dates properly anymore in either the accounts orr the forums (in the avatarr section of the msgs) etc....

I'm not a Dev I duno how to fix it LOL

BlueSteel wrote
well i'll i'm pointing out is that the CVS version isn't shoung the joined dates properly anymore in either the accounts orr the forums (in the avatarr section of the msgs) etc....

I'm not a Dev I duno how to fix it LOL

If you mean that the joined date misses the year, then Biggles has the fix for you.
Maybe the devs missed that topic; maybe they didn't notice the issue in every single forumpost on this site 😁 ; maybe they're waiting for a true bugreport; maybe it has no priority...

Linux/Apache/5.0.24/5/9.1 CVS

no .. my site is comming up with
in the forums
in the users profile

Sad

If you're positive that you have all the latest files, then I would appear that you don't have the right table structure in your database. I suggest running the latest installer. (with the latest install dir.)

I have tried that... and it states that i'm already using the latest version .7 at the end Sad

BlueSteel wrote
I have tried that... and it states that i'm already using the latest version .7 at the end Sad

It seems that with the very latest install files the database is checked regardless of versions.
Apart from this I pointed out something else in my reply to your post in the topic Join date in posts. Check that first.

If anyone is interested, on a hunch i un-installed and re-installed my shoutblock and this fixed the collation problem

Pretzy's Place Pertzel Family Tree History Genealogy
Riverlife Church Henty

XP_Apache 2.2.2_MySQL 5.0.21_PHP 5.1.4_CPGNuke 9.1.1