General ⇒ $this->Website ⇒ Illegal Links in Forums ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Illegal Links in Forums Reply to topic

Please take this very seriously - this site does not condone publication of links to illegal downloads.
Forum Rule 1e wrote
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permision will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
Forum Rule 1m wrote
The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revokation of private messaging.
I'm fed up with being the bad guy and removing them to protect the integrity of this site.

When I find them in future, they will simply be reported, and there's plenty of people looking for offenders, even good money for reporting them.

reporting.bsa.org/usa/
www.riaa.com/news/news...121505.asp

Do you really want this sort of trouble in your life?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Whoa... RIAA? no-way!

You must've been doing a pretty good job though becuase i've never seen one here, ever. I suppose we're talking warez here right?

(i mean, cracks aren't illegal and who'd post links to copyrighted music on a cms forum?)

Linux (Kernel: 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp)/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.24-standard/4.3.11/9.0.5.0

mc__ wrote
Whoa... RIAA? no-way!

You must've been doing a pretty good job though becuase i've never seen one here, ever. I suppose we're talking warez here right?

(i mean, cracks aren't illegal and who'd post links to copyrighted music on a cms forum?)

not music, beta software Shocked

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

good work phoenix!

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/DF 9.x

beta software? now im confused and slightly intrigued.

Linux (Kernel: 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp)/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.24-standard/4.3.11/9.0.5.0

@mc__ site rules includes warez and crackz.

@ xfsunoles, music and other software - Nickelback certainly wouldn't appreciate it.

Anyway, the message is clear, keep the site integrity clean or be prepared for a knock on your door.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Sorry. My bad. It won't happen again.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Thanks to this thread, freeflashmusic.be has been deleted. I must be more careful. tut tut tut.

FreeBSD/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.1.13-log/4.4.0+5.0.4(Using 4.4.0)/9.0.5.0 for teenout.com

For Belgium it is not the RIAA, look for your own organization (SABAM).

Netherlands it is Buma/Stemra and the SENA

bumastemra.nl/
sena.nl/
www.sabam.be/

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

mc__ wrote
(i mean, cracks aren't illegal...

Actually cracks (software patches to circumvent copy protection) are just as illegal as posting full warez themselves. They are criminal violations of copyright law. Not only can you be sued in civil court by the owner/author, but there are now an increasing number of criminal charges that can be filed for such thefts of intellectual property.

The commercial software developer is the same as a musician. If they make a living by selling what they produce be it an application, game, or album, and you get it for free, it's stealing.

Windows 2000 SP4 / Apache 2.0.58 / MySQL 4.1.20-community nt / PHP 5.2.0-dev / CPGNuke 9.0.6.1

I think it's safe to say that we've all tried warez in one form or another past couple of years. The best way to defeat the warez is to make it morally wrong. There is a campaign in american movie theaters and online now to inform consumers of the morals behind illegal downloads and warez. Honestly it's been effective on me. But I've figured out (through wisdom, maturity, i dont know) that it's just wrong and people can't support their families when you circumvent copy protection or download music. I do not download anything anymore unless it's explicitly legal from the author. For instance I make available all of my own music tracks on floridaraves.org If anyone is caught with my music they won't be charged for anything because I'm the author and I'm giving it away for free.

I really think the world is really starting to come around and chill on the downloads. I haven't seen the latest figures or anything though. I would have never said this a year ago but I think illegal files or warez is a fad. Sure there will always be people that do it but the majority of people are going to figure out that it affects a ton of people and then be good people about it.

I used to have illegal versions of cool3d and ws_ftp. It's more of a matter of money than anything else. As I've gotten money I've paid for those programs. I'm much happier that I own legal programs now. I don't have to worry about installing a crack that has a trojan on it either. There are a ton of benefits to not going to warez. Thanks to everyone that's donated to TCD that's allowed me to purchase those programs. Smile

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

crackz, serialz and downloadz are available due to many problems with current shareware releases.

Mostly they have a feature limitation and are older then the current official release.
People crack the software to open all licensed features so that you can test the whole program and not just the limitations.

Thanks to crackz i've tested all features of several programs and bought the one i liked most and am still paying for upgrades.

So mainly crackz are like your bigbrother; you can't live with them nor without them.

Thanks to the internet crackz are not realy needed anymore since bulletinboards and newsgroups provide you more then enough about other people their experience and also about details on how a program runs.

For example i hate Norton. Not for the GUI but due to its backend that gives more horror then a noob will ever notice besides asking others why something doesn't work.
Same deal with XP Pro which i had a cracked version of, but after testing i threw it out of the window.

MS Windows is an good example to use an illegal serial just to try and test it cos it won't install without, and after testing you buy Windows or just use Linux.

So as you can read i'm not against it nor approve it, it's a matter of how you use the knowledge of others to either misuse the purpose or use it as it was designed for.

Since many people use that knowledge for the wrong purpose we disallow exposure thru our website and if you realy need illegal content then search google if the original content is worth to buy else seek something else.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

DJMaze wrote
Thanks to crackz i've tested all features of several programs and bought the one i liked most and am still paying for upgrades.

Agreed it's the only time i use a crack...

Flash 8 Studio is an example... not coughing up $1000.00
To only have 30 days to try it out for 1 i have a life and don't day in and day out play with just one program.
For 2 i already have MX 2004 Studio,
So if there isn't much a differnce i can then decide to wait for a newer version before wasting more money.

Trials should be based on hrs used.

P.S. I bought it anyway, lol... I spend money like a drug addict that needs a fix...

Windows XP Pro/2.2.0/5.0.18/5.1.1/9.1.0.7 CVS

i always download over limewire music that i am interested in, even though it's *illegal*.

Then when i decide that i like the band i go and order a few of their albums (and i'd say that the majority of these people'd do the same).

As for crackz, i meant that they're not illegal because although i really have no clue, what i mean is that those ones and zeroes are free to redistribute (unless its a pre-cracked exe or something). Although becaue the utility is meant to be used to circumvent the copyright protectrion is possible that they are classified as "illegal programs" or "programs to aid in specifially illegal activities", but i never figured it like that....

anyway i never ever crack things anymore.... why on earth would i use a commercial program when i could use an open source program instead? I don't have a single closed-source app on this computer, and i never will (well i suppose that my flash plugin and win32 codecs package are rather closed source but you know what i mean). Seriously I've grown out of warez and crackz and into the bright new shiny world of FSF and OSS.

And when microsuck's new DRM model comes into effect i think a lot of other people will start migratting too. Just my $0.02