Miscellaneous ⇒ Search Engines :: Archives ⇒ Loads of visitors :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSearch Engines

Archived ⇒ Loads of visitors

My site has suddenly started showing loads of visitors in the Who is here block - it looks like this site is too (there are 32 visitors at 0300 eastern time!)

It is showing 8 or 9 visitors in my calendar module and has showed the same for a couple of weeks. I have tried deleting my cache online but no difference.

Any clues anyone?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

most likely search engine bots spidering your site.

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.22-standard/4.3.9/DF 9.x

It shows bots seperately... www.chantillyexpat.com

Very odd

rosbif wrote
It shows bots seperately... www.chantillyexpat.com

Very odd

It showns known bots separately (there's an explicit list hardcoded into the system). Bots that are unknown, or that masquerade as a "desktop" user agent (that is, they send headers to appear as if they're IE, or Firefox, etc.) will appear as users. Doesn't mean it's not a spider.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Ubuntu 12.04, Atom D525/Apache 2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.38/PHP 5.3.10/Dragonfly 9.4.0.0 CVS

sometime the sytem is a bit weird. It shows the bot for inktomi but if you have DF MSAnalysis intalled it won't show as a webcrawler but as a browser

Kokkieblanda
web: www.kokkieblanda.nl

linux 2.2.6 (fedora)/MySQL 5.0.51/PHP 5.2.5/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

The Dragonfly system specifically looks for IP addresses (mostly) for most genuine searchens. Nothing weird - it works correctly.

The issue with DFMSA, which does have a logic flaw in function MSAget_browser, is something you should take up with musox.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

OK - thanks for that ... They seem to have disappeared now which is wierd! Wish the site would show higher on the search engines then with all these bots!