Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ Protect Graphics from downloading :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ Protect Graphics from downloading This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Is there a way to make all graphics on the site locked from downloading?

Something like disabliong right click on all images?

Because im making custom Forum Icons etc and don't want them ended up on other peoples sies as im putting alot of work into it.

Thanks

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Dragonfly (9.1.2.1) PHP 4.3.10 MySQL 4.1.13

I have replied many times to these questions so i will make thisone sticky and delete all new topics about this.

There is no way to protect or prevent downloading of media (like images) since there are many ways to save media from a webpage.

1. Browser cache
2. FireFox -> View Page Info -> Media tab
3. Disable JavaScript
4. Page Harvester

[edit]
I've removed all replies which provided useless solutions and "how to implement" questions since it will not work
[/edit]

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

True, since theres those two buttons alt + Prnt Scrn
You truely cant stop it.

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Don't forget that the average end user is a noob and wouldn't know how to use a site ripper or page inspector to be able to do it,

So a solution like the disableing of right clicks etc works for about 20-45% of the users.

But yea as was stated above you cant truely stop it. as thers always crtl-printscreen.

(alt is a menu command remember)

Dragonfly (9.1.2.1) PHP 4.3.10 MySQL 4.1.13

I think its possible to deny caching by meta-tags.But im not sure if it will work :-/. There is only one way how to particulary prevent print screen way - to render page into overlay layer, but I don't know how to make this. Maybe.. flash pages are more diff. to copy.

CVS 9.1.0.8 // SQL: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge2 // PHP: 4.4.3-dev // Apache 2.0 Handler //

If I'm really interested in viewing the source of a webpage because I like how an element was put together I'll check it out of course. If they have right-click disabled then I respect the webmasters wishes and do not try to circumvent their protection. We all know it's possible and how to do it at this level. Right-click disabling to me is a notice of privacy which I respect and observe. So not all users that are stopped by disabling right-click are done out of ignorance to circumvent. Some don't circumvent out of respect.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Devon i disagree with you here.

Disabling right-click means that the website author(s) wanted to prevent hotlinking, snooping or copyright protection.
They are ignorant or bad informed because this will not add the protection they try to achieve.
That's the whole point i mentioned in the first post.

If you added a CC copyright (Creative Commons) in your website footer and/or inserted a copyright comment inside the image binary data (gif, png and jpeg all allow it), then your graphics are officialy digitaly signed. This way you may sue anyone who uses the graphics illegaly on his website, modified or not.

If anyone of you still thinks that they should invent something to protect images thru javascript, http headers or any other way as i explained above then feel free to do so, but never ever complain when someone has a copy of your images on his website because you made a prevention that does not work.

Dragonflycms.org and any other website owned by us will never encourage any other way then a digital comment or CC.

Hereby i will lock this topic and future created topics regarding this since they are useless and the information provided in this topic is more then sufficient.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial