General ⇒ Announcements ⇒ The DragonflyCMS Awards ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexAnnouncements

The DragonflyCMS Awards This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Hello All,

I have created the Dragonfly Awards. Every month we shall have a winner from each of the 5 sections; and they shall be the "SOMETHING of the month" for example the "Theme Designer of the month". The winner shall receive an image of recognition and a page on ForumImgs.com (The site running the DF Awards) which is proof that they were the winner.

The 5 awards that can be won are:

Community Member of the month - January 2006
Theme of the month - January 2006
Theme Designer of the month - January 2006
Module of the month - January 2006
Module Author of the month - January 2006

Example award image (this is the 1st mock and may change):

Please can anyone who has an interest in DF complete the 5 question survey at: -dead url removed- It only takes 1 minute and requires no registration/email/etc.

Good luck to everyone in the shortlist Smile

Thanks for you time, Luke

Get your User Bars here

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p27/Apache/4.0.22-standard/ 4.3.10/CVS + My MODs

Nice! So, who can vote? Since some of us have a name on the list. I don't think it would be wise for me to try to vote. Cause it might not look right in some of the categories. Wink HEHEH! You know what I mean. ** Smath Remarks ** Laughing LOL!

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

Well, I hadn't thought about that! You should be able to vote in all sections that you wish and just leave the theme designer one (or whatever) on the default. This is untested, but I had meant to make them option so this should work.

You can however vote for someone else for theme designer or even yourself if you wish and think you are the best Smile

I am not placing any restrictions on who can or cannot vote. It is meant to be a representative sample of the DF community and their thoughts.

Luke Smile

Get your User Bars here

OK! I had voted for everything else except Theme. I left those 2 as a default. Very Happy

This topic is now an announcement (thanks whoever did that Smile )

I have had the survey completed 3 times so far already. The results shall not be published until Feburary.

Luke

Get your User Bars here

i can clear my cookies and vote again...wonder how many false votes you are going to get?

Nascar Racing World
Earn some extra money (i know a lot of people don't believe in these things...but i wanna let you know...i just got over 4 grand deposited in my account...)

Linux CentOS/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.1.14-standard/4.4.0/9.0.6.1

How were the selections made for the choices available to vote on? How are some modules/themes/developers/designers selected, and others not?

Typically anytime you have an of-the-insert-timeframe-here-award, the rules usually state that the item you are voting for must have been relevant to that month.

In my opinion any module or theme "of the month" should have been released that month. Likewise, a module coder and theme designer "of the month" should in some way make a contribution to the community for that month.

Now that I've totally taken myself out of the running... Wink

It would just seem in order for this to be a fair and upstanding award, some guidelines for winning would need to be in place.

Linux | 1.3.37 | 4.1.22-standard | 4.4.4 | Dragonfly CVS

This is trhe first time I have done this, there will be problems but it's a start for the first month.

i can clear my cookies and vote again...wonder how many false votes you are going to get?

I felt this was the best option as I don't want people to have to register and people dont like giving out their email address.

How were the selections made for the choices available to vote on? How are some modules/themes/developers/designers selected, and others not?

I went around the forums, downloads, other communities, etc. and selected people who I thought were worthy - some will have slipped though the hat sorry Sad Next month we shall have a nomination form before the actual vote.

Typically anytime you have an of-the-insert-timeframe-here-award, the rules usually state that the item you are voting for must have been relevant to that month.

In my opinion any module or theme "of the month" should have been released that month. Likewise, a module coder and theme designer "of the month" should in some way make a contribution to the community for that month.

Yes more documentation/quidlines need to be written up, I shall see that it is done ASAP.

Next month shall be a fairer competition.

Thanks for voting, Luke

Get your User Bars here

LoonyLuke wrote
This is trhe first time I have done this, there will be problems but it's a start for the first month.

I felt this was the best option as I don't want people to have to register and people dont like giving out their email address.

You can track by IP Address, I know it is not a fool proved. But at least you can cut it down to a minimum.

LoonyLuke wrote

I went around the forums, downloads, other communities, etc. and selected people who I thought were worthy - some will have slipped though the hat sorry Sad Next month we shall have a nomination form before the actual vote.

Then you should give an option to manually put the name in, just incase the individual name was not on the list.

LoonyLuke wrote

Yes more documentation/quidlines need to be written up, I shall see that it is done ASAP.

Next month shall be a fairer competition.

Thanks for voting, Luke

Cool Bean!

WebSiteGuru wrote
LoonyLuke wrote

You can track by IP Address, I know it is not a fool proved. But at least you can cut it down to a minimum.

I had thought about this as an option, but people have dynamic IPs now days so you may not be able to vote even if you haven't yet. Also it was orignally supposed to be totally anonymous. Having said that a completely fool proof way (but not anonymous) is for people to contact me, either via a PM on this site, or automatically on the ForumImgs.com website, to request a token which allows them to complete the survey. This would howeve annoy people as it takes longer. It needs though, but I do have almost a month to devise a method.

Keep the votes coming in 👏

It is very interesting to see who/what is doing well so far Razz

Luke

Get your User Bars here

Then you should give an option to manually put the name in, just incase the individual name was not on the list.

This shall be sorted out by having a nominations form before the actual voting begins.

Sorry forgot to write that before posting and cant edit posts Sad

Luke

Get your User Bars here

This was the reason that I used the survey system I did when I was doing the Forums surveys. Truth be known, as it was pointed out to me, you can do the same thing here with a poll in the forums and keep people from having to share their precious email address with another site.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Debian 6.07/Apache 2.x/MySQL 5.x/PHP 5.3/DF 9.x

it would also be easy to add additional people/themes/sites if you missed any, and allow people to see what the current rankings are if you used the forum polls

that's what they're there for

Linux 2.6.9 / 1.3.34 / 4.1.14 / 4.4.1 / CVS

This was the reason that I used the survey system I did when I was doing the Forums surveys. Truth be known, as it was pointed out to me, you can do the same thing here with a poll in the forums and keep people from having to share their precious email address with another site.

I'm not too sure about running it in the DF forums, it just doesn't see right (I don't know why).

it would also be easy to add additional people/themes/sites if you missed any

This can be done already, but I dont think it is very fair as there has been 17 votes so far.

We shall see how it goes this month. There shall be major changes next month though - keep the tips/advice comming.

Luke

Get your User Bars here

Great idea, I've voted.

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Suse11.4 - LAMP on zypper - ISPConfig 3