Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine :: Archives ⇒ Allowing users to upload to public album :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks Coppermine ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Allowing users to upload to public album

Maybe I'm a goober for not figuring this out, but as far as I can tell it's been asked several times on the forums and never answered (at least under any search terms that I could think of), so on that basis I wrongly assumed it could not be done. (Not noticing the fact that it's done on other sites, including here Razz )

Anyway, DJMaze was kind enough to handhold me through it Smile , so I wanted to post it here for posterity and future searches.

How to have a public album that users can upload to:

First go to your coppermine control panel and select an album you want to allow uploads to. Edit the properties of this album.

'Visitors can upload pictures' must be set to 'Yes.' This setting does not mean that all guests can spam things willy nilly, in fact I think this in and of itself will not do much of anything unless you also set some group permissions. Which we will do in step 2.

Now in coppermine admin menu > groups,

These are just the default groups. In this example, I want Registered Users to be able to upload pictures (Can Upload Pictures is set to Yes), however, I also want these pictures to go into a queue awaiting approval by the admin, so Pub. Upl. approval (1) is also set to Yes. I also am not allowing personal galleries, the only place the users will have a choice to upload to is the public album (although you could certainly have both coexist). You can also create new coppermine groups, one popular option might be to have a group 'Approved' or similar, where you know that user always has good pictures and you trust them so you put them in the group 'Approved' and set Can Upload Pictures to Yes for that group and Pub. Upl. approval (1) to No, then they can add their stuff right away without waiting for admin approval.

Save and your normal users should now have an upload link when in the gallery (and if you don't have personal galleries they can only select your public album from the dropdown).

I know some people are like "DUH Sarah," but if anyone finds it useful it'll be offset Wink

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

Forgot to add, it could also be that there was a bug fixed since the last time I tried to mess around with it, but also maybe some people (like me Razz ) aren't sure what the settings mean. Wink

Thank you for this as it also sowes how to turn of prv galerys as I had a user upload 20 pics of random 3d wallpapers without my knoledge.

Dragonfly (9.1.2.1) PHP 4.3.10 MySQL 4.1.13

No problem Smile

There is also a setting on the main gallery config page: User settings > Users can have private albums.

I haven't tested but I suspect this follows similar logic to the public albums/groups permissions. I would guess that you have to have this set to Yes AND also allow it in the group permissons, if you want private albums. I don't want them so I have this set to No and also disallowed in the group permissions, and no one can make private albums.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Ho sarah
Yes i found it usefull to i had been in admin mode since i cant remember when thinking all members could see the drop down to upload to a certain gallery .. It wanst till a member said they could not that brought me to this page to find out why lol

many thanks

Tim

MySQL Version 5.0.45 PHP Version 5.2.6 apache is 1.3.41 Dragonfly 9.2.1 Windows 7