Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ No go on phpnuke to latest dragonfly :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ No go on phpnuke to latest dragonfly

I'd Loooove to use the latest dragonfly but the upgrade didn't go so well. Everything went great untill after the install. I couldent log in. At all. I coulden't go to my page. So, I had to revert back to php nuke via backup. So I guess my question is, any idea how I could update AND be able to log in?

site: www.livermoronfilms.com

A fresh install DOES work, I have a default install up and running to try things out on the same computer / host.
trebes.homeip.net/serv...nfly/html/

The problem is, I have a whole lot of stuff that NEEDS to be brought over, over 100 downloads, forums, etc. The installer (when upgrading) seems to have the ability to bring everything over, but the upgraded site defaults to maintenence mode, and I can't login with my same admin account. Also the installer (when upgrading) SKIPS the super user creation entirely. So, I assume I use my old super user account, but that does not work.

Any ideas here? Again, I would _LOVE_ to upgrade to Dragonfly, as on the test site version I am running it looks FAR more advanced than php puke Smile

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
OSX/1.3.33/dono/5.0.4/current

This thread might help. dragonflycms.org/Forum...html#91094

It sounds like there was a bug in the installer that has been fixed, there just hasn't been a release since it was fixed. People have been working around by upgrading phpNuke -> 9.0.5.0 -> 9.0.6.1

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

Yeah unfortunately the 9.0.6.1 isn't friendly for phpnuke upgrades. I couldn't get it to work myself when trying to upgrade a friends site. Do as Sarah says, then do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around. Dragonfly is what it's all about. Smile

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Thanks for your help so far, but it looks like upgrading, at least for me, is going to be a HUGE task, so I probably won't be able to make it to dragonfly right now. I did finally get the older version then upgraded to the new version, however the site seemed to be missing everything, the only thing that seemed to have make it correctly was the news stories. The sidebar dragonfly menu wasnt there, nor were many things.

Also, this string of error messages was at the bottom of the page, and I could not find a way to fix it, they dont exist in the blocks admin to disable.

• CMS Warning line 163: block-Sommaire.php
• There appears to be a problem with this block
• CMS Warning line 169: block-Advertising.php
• This block does not have any content
• CMS Warning line 163: block-Random_Theme.php
• CMS Warning line 163: block-Traffic_Report.php
• CMS Warning line 163: block-POTD_NIV.php
• CMS Warning line 163: block-Search_Downloads.php
• CMS Warning line 163: block-Downloads_Center.php

those are old phpnuke blocs. you need to remove them from the block dir. PHPNuke blocks and modules are not gonna work with dragonfly.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

The whole blocks folder was replaced with the fresh one from dragonfly

go into your database and delete them out of your table. I forget which table but I think if you browse your structure of the blocks table they are there.

Linux version 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp / Machine Type i686 / Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix) / PERL version 5.8.4 / PHP version 4.3 / DF 9.0.6.1