Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ How to use nuke users table in dragonfly :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ How to use nuke users table in dragonfly

Hello, how can i export my nuke_users table to dragonly please? I owuld liek to keep my members but dont want to risk messing thins up. Id appreciate your help

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.4.2/9[1].0.6.1

bump

emgage wrote
Hello, how can i export my nuke_users table to dragonly please? I owuld liek to keep my members but dont want to risk messing thins up. Id appreciate your help

If you're talking about upgrading from PHP-Nuke, then I suggest you search around the Forums. There are plenty of upgrade stories for several versions of PHP-Nuke.

If you're hoping for a straight answer, then it would help if you mentioned version numbers and other details.
And it won't hurt to experiment with Dragonfly's installer on a subdomain or localhost with a copy of your database. 😉

Linux/Apache/5.0.24/5/9.1 CVS

i dont want to upgrade from php-nuke. i started a fresh install of dragonfly. All i want to move from phpnuke is the members in the nuke_users table

The easiest way would probably be to perform an upgrade from your nuke site and just delete whatever content you don't want.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

is there any other way at all. Its very important guys. I dont have the nuke website. I just have the nuke_users table and it has over 9,000 memebrs so id really like to keep them. I dappreciate your help please

emgage wrote
is there any other way at all. Its very important guys. I dont have the nuke website. I just have the nuke_users table and it has over 9,000 memebrs so id really like to keep them. I dappreciate your help please

Two ways:
1) You could start a fresh PHP-Nuke database, import your old _users table data and then upgrade to Dragonfly to convert the _users table.
2) Study the db-structure of both systems , manually convert and import the data into a clean Dragonfly db.

Linux/Apache/5.0.24/5/9.1 CVS

alva wrote
emgage wrote

Two ways:
1) You could start a fresh PHP-Nuke database, import your old _users table data and then upgrade to Dragonfly to convert the _users table.
2) Study the db-structure of both systems , manually convert and import the data into a clean Dragonfly db.

Since, he only have the nuke_users, he would only have to install PHP-Nuke( your first suggestion), then import the users table. Then run Dragonfly installer. That should be it.

But do a test run on a localhost first to make sure that it work fine.

Lead Theme Designer - WebSiteGuru Designs

Linux 2.6.9 / Apache 2.2.6 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5 / DF Version 9.2.1

thanks ofr ths suggestions guys. Ill try it out as soon as i buy my new hosting. Thanks a lot