Miscellaneous ⇒ Search Engines :: Archives ⇒ Google and SEO :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSearch Engines

Archived ⇒ Google and SEO

I have no idea whats happening lately Found this earlier, nice for checking Google DC caches. my site has dropped from 18,000 cached yesterday to 600 odd. It's a scary time. Millions of posts on SEO forums about the drop in indexed pages, none sure if it's temporary www.yourcache.com/check.php has anyone any ideas whats going on and how to combat this. I have also noticed that since I transferred to DF my google rank has dropped from 7 to 3, 10 being the highest, hardly any bots are now looking at my site. Shocked

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Aside from anything else, this happens often and to many previously high ranked sites, as Google adjusts its algorhythm. Sometimes the links and PR re-appear after several days, sometimes they don't.

However, if you moved from phpnuke to Dragonfly, all I can assume is that most of your previous pages were linked as "modules.php?name=" whereas now they are "index.php?name=" - this would explain why they are no longer linked.

Something likeRewriteRule ^modules\.php /index.php [R=301,L] in your htaccess could have preserved the old links whilst telling Google that the links have permanently changed.

Your pages and ranking will recover, in time.

I have even had sites recover from a total Google ban, and within 12 months.
(yes, I was naughty and got caught - now I'm naughty and make sure I don't get caught)

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Another strange thing is happening now...

One thing, why do you point your banner pic link back to the index.php? The URLs www.mysiteurl.com and www.mysiteurl.com/index.php are seen by the search engines as 2 different pages. You are effecively developing page rank to both. It dont make sense to me. Should you change the banner link direct to the domain URL? If you can get every page indexed and point back to your domain, it's 20,000 links. Developing index.php seems wasteful? Have a read about canonical URLs and you will see why they do this...

This was a question posed to me by a user as I wasn't aware this was happening.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Just another addon, my page rank is slipping right down and I notice that robots aren't checking out my site as often as they used to, is there a way for me to make them come back and index the site again. My page ranking has slipped 4 places from 7 to 3.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

how can i optimize my web site for search engines ??

my site is up but still i need to optimize it properly.. coz when i search my site from google it doesnt show my site its just yahoo shows my site .. and with some horible description..

i added the site for both google and yahoo searchs bt still..

im nt that gud in PHP stuff so if somebody can tell me wat to do simply..??? that would be great... Smile

Os - Linux / Apache - 1.3.41 (Unix) / MySQL - 5.0.51a-community / PHP - 5.2.5 / DragonFly - 9.2.1

I get hit by inktomi like ever minute. i can't get rid of that thing if i wanted. it's sucking the life from my data it seems. it's insatiable. however there are a lot of inktomi bots that aren't registered as bots with my df. they come up as anon guests instead.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

crazyguy,

u gonna need to do a whole host of things to get your site optimised. yuo'll find a lot of useful information on forums like seochat.com

sonia
web design uk
web design manchester

php4