Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Points System :: Archived (page 2) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ Points System

thekingster wrote
is this df_arcade?

I believe it is...which really isn't what you're looking for in a point system. I agree...it would be a nice feature that would stimulate participation on a site instead of people registering and then becoming dead weight.

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux OS / Apache 1.3.34 / MySQL 4.1.22 / PHP 4.4.7/ DF 9.1.2.1

thekingster wrote
scetter wrote
thekingster wrote
I agree. Anyone have any further thoughts on this? Does cpgarcade use points that could be added to for this mod?

Not that I know of. But this one does.
Skeeterspub Arcade

Uses a coin/points system where you can set jackpots in the admin for each game. Also charges users points to submit score automatically. Very much the same as ibproarcade or other forum aracdes do it.
The users current coins/points are saved in the _users table.

I have also modded the forums on that site to show the users coins in the forums posts.

It would be great to have a sitewide points system. Something I havn't had time to do, but if someone does this please let me know so I can make it work with the arcade coins. 😉

is this df_arcade?

No this is Flash_Games arcade.

Df_Arcade would be here http://www.redgerry.com I don't think df_arcade has a points system.

The arcade I am talking about has a points system in it. When people register on the site they automatically get 1000 points. They then use these points to be able to have their score stored in the database and also win point jackpots.

These coins can be used in other stuff like lottories and forum shops if any mods like that where written. Because it stores the users coins in the users table.

Not sure if is the same type of coin system you could use but it may be a start.

Scetter.com

Linux/2.2.20/5.1.61-log/5.3.8/9.3.3.1

where can you get Flash_Games?

Windows / 4.22 / 5.0.1.8 / 5.1.2 / 9.0.6.1

thekingster wrote

Right here Smile

Scetter.com

scetter wrote
thekingster wrote

Right here Smile

Thanks. I see this doesnt come with games, so how does it deal with highscores? Can you use any flash game?

Any games from here
http://www.pnflashgames.com

Here
Skeeterspub Arcade

Or here
http://www.redgerry.com

Will work with this arcade.
Or anywhere you can get pnFlashGames enabled games.

Scetter.com

I cant see much difference between df_arcade and flash_games? Can anyone enlighten?

yeah i also would love to see a point system.. its real gud function to have....

Os - Linux / Apache - 1.3.41 (Unix) / MySQL - 5.0.51a-community / PHP - 5.2.5 / DragonFly - 9.2.1

thekingster wrote
I cant see much difference between df_arcade and flash_games? Can anyone enlighten?

Anyone?

surely someone can write a points system? A start would just be a few functions to increase and decrease points....

I have a simple one but it doesn't do everything you want. All it does is allow admins to award points, put in a reason and PM the user telling them they have points. Then it displays them on a list. www.diagonally.org/Points.html

(It has a block too but I'm sure no one would want the block like I have it, lol.)

I suppose someone could take it and build in a) the admin panel stuff to configure which forums allow earning of points and b) the forum hack stuff to actually increment the points. At that point they'd probably want to change around the index page too because it wouldn't really make sense to keep it the way it is when it's being used that way.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

thekingster wrote

There are two versions of Flash_Games
(free) Very much like DF_Arcade
(VIP) Extras like contests, points/coins system, popup games, Buddies lists and more.

The VIP version can be seen here http://www.skeeterspub.com

cheers

Scetter.com

sarah wrote
I have a simple one but it doesn't do everything you want. All it does is allow admins to award points, put in a reason and PM the user telling them they have points. Then it displays them on a list. www.diagonally.org/Points.html

(It has a block too but I'm sure no one would want the block like I have it, lol.)

I suppose someone could take it and build in a) the admin panel stuff to configure which forums allow earning of points and b) the forum hack stuff to actually increment the points. At that point they'd probably want to change around the index page too because it wouldn't really make sense to keep it the way it is when it's being used that way.

That is a very interesting Mod
Is there a way I can get this and possibly further develope it?

cheers

Scetter.com

That point system sounds interesting..
Woud be eaven more interesting if points comes with a special forum rank img.
Like:
[Username]
[Points rank img]
[points]
[Avatar]
[Normal forum rank]
[rest of standard \ fpro info]

Woud be verry handy for Clan sites.

www.jzky.net a Dragonfly site. cms.jzky.net < test site. - Pardon my bad englsih Wink
My home town

Linux / Apache / PHP Version 5.2.0 /MySQL Version 4.1.21-standard / CMS Version 9.1.1

Sure scetter, I'll package it up. It is based on ToDo from Kuragari, actually.

Woud be eaven more interesting if points comes with a special forum rank img.

As you can see I do have the number of points displayed in my forums sidebar which obviously needs a small amount of hacks. There's no image on mine but one could either be hardcoded or someone could create the admin section to manage images/number of points.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1